Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket fog light/housing options?

I noticed my drivers side fog light is smashed out the other day. Has anyone tried the ebay ones? I assume they're cheapo plastic lenses instead of glass like oem ones. I rarely use them but don't want the car to look too ghetto already. I haven't even had the thing 2 months and already broke off the antenna and lost a fog light. This is the second cheapest thing I own with a steering wheel but want to take care of it the most for some weird reason.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did the measuring and Morimoto's 90mm XB LED lights should fit the Mirage like stock -- If anyone's looking for a more premium aftermarket light I'd suggest them. I've used their other lighting stuff in the past and it's good stuff. I plan on swapping my HID bulbs and ballasts for LED from Morimoto.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G3H9B7D

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to phaux For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-18-2020)

Those look pretty fancy! But I couldn't spend that much on something that'll likely have to be replaced every spring. These are more my speed https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Mitsubis...5eBjBq&vxp=mtr Obviously gonna be junky, more of a hole filler than anything.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Those look pretty fancy! But I couldn't spend that much on something that'll likely have to be replaced every spring. These are more my speed https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Mitsubis...5eBjBq&vxp=mtr Obviously gonna be junky, more of a hole filler than anything.
    Those would mount up to anything 2017 and newer and are glass not plastic. They will also be brighter than the former mentioned.
    (blank signature)

On the mitsu parts warehouse site they show the same number for fog light 14 and newer, 15 and older have extra brackets I think. I might splurge $45 and make em work. Nothing a little duct tape and zip ties can’t fix.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On the mitsu parts warehouse site they show the same number for fog light 14 and newer, 15 and older have extra brackets I think. I might splurge $45 and make em work. Nothing a little duct tape and zip ties can’t fix.
    The 14 and 15 mount differently than 17 and newer Mirage and G4. The lens is the same size, but brackets are different.

(blank signature)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-18-2020),Fummins (01-18-2020)

It looks to me like you could just take the 17 lights and bolt them right up to the 14-15 brackets. The only difference I see is the one bracket is silver one is black. So if you have fog lights in a 14-15 you could buy 17 lights and bolt them to the 14-15 brackets... And I guess you could put 14-15 lights in a 17', just remove the extra brackets then mount them up???
    I thank you for the pics but I think you're wrong.
    I'm gonna give it a go. I suck at explaining so hopefully that makes sense.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks to me like you could just take the 17 lights and bolt them right up to the 14-15 brackets. The only difference I see is the one bracket is silver one is black. So if you have fog lights in a 14-15 you could buy 17 lights and bolt them to the 14-15 brackets... And I guess you could put 14-15 lights in a 17', just remove the extra brackets then mount them up???
    I thank you for the pics but I think you're wrong.
    I'm gonna give it a go. I suck at explaining so hopefully that makes sense.
    No I think you're right. Looking closer it looks like the 17s brackets would mount on to the additional 14 and 15 bracket. Interesting.
    (blank signature)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-19-2020)

Mirage videos:

Attachment 16831crapy pic but here’s the back of my 14. I might be able to go go gadget reach in there from the top to replace.

Mirage videos: