Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aftermarket fog light/housing options?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    The 14 and 15 mount differently than 17 and newer Mirage and G4. The lens is the same size, but brackets are different.

Just be careful in removing those screws on the bracket on tje 14-15s..i tried that yesterday and ended up rounding off one screw. There is a lock washer underneath which makes removing the screw so hard

Attached Images Attached Images  

I just took out a loan and ordered these from flea pay https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Mitsubis...5eBjBq&vxp=mtr
    I expect nothing but the highest build quality and brightest light that'll surely last longer than the car itself. But they'll probably arrive broken or be doa lol. I'll post back in a month or two if/when they show up whether they fit and work or not.
    Attachment 16841
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

The eBay Corona virus fog lights arrived and they work. Surprisingly the lenses are glass like the factory ones. Only my drivers side was smashed and it was easy to change so I didn’t bother replacing the passenger one. But I did use both led bulbs. It was tight getting to the passenger side one but doable.
    So far so good, for $43 shipped to my door I can’t complain. I don’t know how well it’s aimed, I didn’t feel like spending anymore time on it.
    Attachment 17239Attachment 17240Attachment 17241Attachment 17242
    Now I have to change the headlight bulbs, it looks stupid(er) now.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

bosbik (02-27-2020),Bralexander (07-17-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Looks nice.. Nice that the lens is glass, thats a plus.. What is the wattage per bulb? And i assume it worked with the stock stalk rotating switch?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The eBay Corona virus fog lights arrived and they work. Surprisingly the lenses are glass like the factory ones. Only my drivers side was smashed and it was easy to change so I didn’t bother replacing the passenger one. But I did use both led bulbs. It was tight getting to the passenger side one but doable.
    So far so good, for $43 shipped to my door I can’t complain. I don’t know how well it’s aimed, I didn’t feel like spending anymore time on it.
    Attachment 17239Attachment 17240Attachment 17241Attachment 17242
    Now I have to change the headlight bulbs, it looks stupid(er) now.
    Hold up, who was it that said if you switch from the halogen to LED it could screw with your electrical system?

Brake light bulbs have had problems. Nothing was ruined but caused random dash lights to appear. Don’t worry if these cause problems they’re getting tossed. I have no idea what wattage they are because cheap eBay junk. I just plugged em in and they worked. They will plug in either way but the plug on light is marked, on car end white is positive.
    Mirage videos:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-27-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Been waiting on my ss3 copies but the china factory said they dont have stock on the model i want...bummer..

That sucks! These things took just over a month shipped to Alberta Canada. Was able to track it all the way here too. That might be common but it’s new to me.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Yea.. Oh well.. I am not in a rush anyway