Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fumoto Oil Drain Valve Specs

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's the biggest discount I've seen Fumoto offer. If you ever wanted Fumoto products, now is a great day to do it.
    That's a great deal for sure! I got one for my oil and cvt, and Rodeo. Still an amazing investment 500k miles later.

(blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Exactly. I drive up a 8 inch ramp.

This is rudimentary drawing with my phone, but you get the idea. Plus the actual flow and suction of the oil draining would pull almost everything out at this angle, especially if the oil is warm at all.
    l don't drive up car ramps anymore, but my hydraulic car jack does good. l like the photos!
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I have the Fumoto valve in my Outlander Sport and it's great. If you change your own oil (or don't want the jiffy lube bonobos to strip the pan threads) then it's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (02-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I have the Fumoto valve in my Outlander Sport and it's great. If you change your own oil (or don't want the jiffy lube bonobos to strip the pan threads) then it's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah, l have one and it's great...4 oil changes and no oil on me...it's nice to be able quickly change oil
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (02-19-2021),inuvik (02-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Fumoto is offering free shipping until September 6th.

https://www.fumotousa.com/

In the "redeem coupon" box type in LABORFREE

Shipping is $5 for orders under $50.

I believe 15% off is their typically sale. I bought a $25.95 Fumoto valve for my Subaru today. $25.95 x .15 = $3.89.

Thus, free shipping is the better deal for me. If their sale was 20%, I would have saved $5.19 (an extra 19 cents). We don't see 20% off that often, but it has happened as you can see earlier in this thread.

If you were buying multiple Fomoto valves, a % discount could be a better deal for you, too. Orders over $50 receive free shipping. ​

I bought the simplest/cheapest Fomoto valve with no nipple for my Subaru today. I never add a hose to my Mirage valve even though it has a hose nipple to do so. That's a personal choice.

I paid $25.95 for the valve (free shipping & no tax). I've been meaning to get one for my Forester.

If you are considering one of these for your Mirage, my preference would be the F106 or F106S. There's nothing wrong with any of them. Given its design, the F106SX will still stick out about the same as the F106 valve. The more expensive F106SX will give you more flexibility on where you position the valve lever. Being right handed I slide under the car a certain way. I find the simple/cheaper valves to be perfectly fine, & they are tucked nicely behind the oil pan, too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I have a Fumoto valve installed on my Outlander Sport and highly recommend them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Love Fumoto's. I put them on the cars that are capable of having them installed (plastic drain pan Golf R didn't support it). Thing with the GoRf though is you can just use a fluid extractor and it has a top mount filter so no need to raise the car and get under it at all. edit: I think it's that way with the current generation of VAG 4-cylinder engines.

Very awesome on the current generation of Subaru engines with the top mount filters, very clean oil changes. Still have to get under but then it gives you the chance to inspect boot seals etc.
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigq View Post
    Love Fumoto's. I put them on the cars that are capable of having them installed (plastic drain pan Golf R didn't support it). Thing with the GoRf though is you can just use a fluid extractor and it has a top mount filter so no need to raise the car and get under it at all. edit: I think it's that way with the current generation of VAG 4-cylinder engines.

Very awesome on the current generation of Subaru engines with the top mount filters, very clean oil changes. Still have to get under but then it gives you the chance to inspect boot seals etc.
    The combination of a Fumoto valve & the top mounted oil filter on the Subaru will make it the easiest oil changes I have ever done on any vehicle.

Small perk - Don't have to worry about crush washers on the drain plug, too. I realize some reused them or have extras on hand. If I was working on a fleet of Mirages, I would just buy a bag of crushed washers. For the individual who likes working on their own car, the Fumoto valves are nice to have.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I got my clone Fumoto from Amazon today. It cost less than 1/2 of what a Fumoto from Amazon would be. The quality looks fine, I have an engineering background and see nothing to gripe about. It will be nice to be back to 15 minute oil changes that don't require any tools. I'm going to buy another 3 when they are back in stock so my other Mirage, Saturn and bike all have them.

Just when I thought things on the valve scene would not get better Amazon showed me yet another clone of the Fumoto but priced @ $15 CDN. So I grabbed 4 more, 2 x Mirage, Saturn & Burgman. $75 for all my needs as opposed to $55 for 1 of the real deal.
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 12-13-2022 at 08:54 AM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-13-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has anyone seen a drain valve with a magnet that could be removed on ocaasion say every third change? I wrestle with the idea of the valve but ultimately decided on a magnet. Maybe there aren't that many components of our engines that could produce magnetic shavings anyway and thus a moot point?