Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Frickin' belt chime! Which plug under the driver's seat?
    Where that chime speaker?
    Whichever I can get to first!
    I believe you maybe able to turn off this chime via ETACS coding.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    I believe you maybe able to turn off this chime via ETACS coding.
    I read that on here somewhere....and can I do that coding with an OBDII bluetooth thingy and an Android app on my tablet?
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    You could put on the seatbelt. I did seat development for Toyota. Got to do lots of crash testing and watch lots of slow motion video. There is NOTHING more important in a crash than a seatbelt. Airbags are far secondary. However, in a T-bone crash where your car get's hit in the driver's door, the curtain air bag is quite helpful. I feel uncomfortable in any of my cars without it attached.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    You could put on the seatbelt. I did seat development for Toyota. Got to do lots of crash testing and watch lots of slow motion video. There is NOTHING more important in a crash than a seatbelt. Airbags are far secondary. However, in a T-bone crash where your car get's hit in the driver's door, the curtain air bag is quite helpful. I feel uncomfortable in any of my cars without it attached.
    This is moving car short distances, shop to barn to mailbox back to hangar. Not highway or even across Walmart...ESPECIALLY Walmart parking lot!
    Karl

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-13-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I read that on here somewhere....and can I do that coding with an OBDII bluetooth thingy and an Android app on my tablet?
    You know this is why they sell seat belt "extenders" at the Canadian equivalent of harbourfrieght. Its not because the seat belt isnt long enough, its to defeat the seatbelt reminder light.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (06-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    This is moving car short distances, shop to barn to mailbox back to hangar. Not highway or even across Walmart...ESPECIALLY Walmart parking lot!
    Oh, ok. Try snapping it into the buckle then sitting in front of it. Meaning, the seatbelt is between you and the seat. That may stop the noise you don't have to put it on and take it off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I think you can disable the chime as well(I haven't tried that), I doubt a bluetooth code reader will be able to do that for you though.
    What about just buckling the passenger side belt into the drivers buckle?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Karl

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-15-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My speakers are basically blown from turning up the music over the road noise. Also the leathery texture on the dash causes a glare on the windshield but I barely drive during the day anyways. Road trips get a bit painful in the seat but I’m young so it’s doable. Many of the 10mm bolts are rusted and I have no idea what I’ll do if I have to take off my valve cover. A couple of those bolts are basically dust. I have a few gripes but I still love my Mirage because the MPGs give me freedom to not think twice when deciding to go somewhere that’s an hour away.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Princess_Bishi For This Useful Post:

TheProfessorKMB (03-05-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yes something like that, i dont know the dimensions off the top of my head so i can't say if this exact one is correct. If needed i may have a caliper somewhere and maybe able to measure it for you.