Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Yes something like that, i dont know the dimensions off the top of my head so i can't say if this exact one is correct. If needed i may have a caliper somewhere and maybe able to measure it for you.
    That's okay, I appreciate that. I have a caliper and will measure the tang.

Karl

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-15-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The steering feel (or lack thereof). Granted, I run the 14's, but you just can't feel the road like I could in my Fit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    AP - I agree. I don't necessarily find it annoying. But is a function of the Electric Power Steering. And probably the least expensive EPS system known to man.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    AP - I agree. I don't necessarily find it annoying. But is a function of the Electric Power Steering. And probably the least expensive EPS system known to man.
    I agree! I would like my Mirage more if it didn't have power steering. My 1990 Ford Festiva handled better at higher speeds without it.

Applying a little extra effort while parking would be worth the trade off for better handling hour after hour on a long road trip with a Mirage. Short around home trips is no big deal, but the soft steering of the Mirage is its worst feature in my opinion.

I'm sooo looking forward to a 2-3hr trip on Saturday. It's probably gonna rain the entire time and be windy. But I'll save money so it's worth it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-15-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I agree! I would like my Mirage more if it didn't have power steering. My 1990 Ford Festiva handled better at higher speeds without it.

Applying a little extra effort while parking would be worth the trade off for better handling hour after hour on a long road trip with a Mirage. Short around home trips is no big deal, but the soft steering of the Mirage is its worst feature in my opinion.
    its posts like this that make me feel that there is something wrong with my mirage. I tried and its incredibly difficult to turn the steering wheel when the car is off. To be fair it was slightly easier with narrower winter tires and maybe it would be even easier with some old eco **** tires?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm sooo looking forward to a 2-3hr trip on Saturday. It's probably gonna rain the entire time and be windy. But I'll save money so it's worth it?
    After my 8-10 am driving lesson in the morning, I will be doing a 7-8 hour round trip on Saturday (delivering a young dog to a new owner for a friend). I can't believe what some people pay for a dog these days.

its posts like this that make me feel that there is something wrong with my mirage. I tried and its incredibly difficult to turn the steering wheel when the car is off.
    That's the way it is. It's harder to turn the wheels with the engine off. Once you're moving it's not so bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-15-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    After my 8-10 am driving lesson in the morning, I will be doing a 7-8 hour round trip on Saturday (delivering a young dog to a new owner for a friend). I can't believe what some people pay for a dog these days.
    I agree, a friend has spend more in dogs over the last few years than I have invested in my car. I got my dog for free on kijiji.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    its posts like this that make me feel that there is something wrong with my mirage. I tried and its incredibly difficult to turn the steering wheel when the car is off. To be fair it was slightly easier with narrower winter tires and maybe it would be even easier with some old eco **** tires?
    You do have large tires on your Mirage, but keep in mind my 1990 Ford Festiva was designed without power steering. Plus those cars were designed by Mazda, which is known for their ZOOM ZOOM handling. A Festiva was no Miata, but it surely didn't need power steering. Mine also had narrow 145SR12 tires on it. It was the best FWD car for climbing snow covered roads that I have owned.

You don't need power steering once the car is moving. I drove a lot of old tractors (narrow & wide front ends) as a kid growing up. When a tractor is moving it's easy to steer. Not moving makes you crank hard on those large steering wheels!