Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your greatest annoyance about the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Agreed. Ridiculous to pay for a mongrel when there are EXCELLENT mongrels practically given away at the dog prison (whatever their called, forgetting right now). Just sitting there waiting for someone to come in and adopt it and show it some love. However, we got our previous mongrel from there and she was a royal PITA. I'm convinced she was rubber on the inside. She's gone now though, had to put her down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

That and typically steering gears(in cars and truck) had different ratios depending on whether they have power steering or not to make them both relatively easy to use.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-15-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I find the steering a pleasant breeze compared to the "auto" climate system that doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground once you hit 61° and back to 62°. I'll have the stupid crap on "auto" and toggle down to 61° and it changes to Recirc. Well, there are many instances I don't want it on Recirc so the only thing I can do is it toggle back up to 62°. And then I have to push-button it back to Fresh mode. After about 20 seconds and it slowly getting warmer I then notice that when I pushed the button to Fresh, the A/C snowflake left to go get a happy meal, and took the "auto" with it.

I didn't turn off the A/C, nor did I want to cancel the "auto" function. So why does it do that? I don't know. Some engineer needs to be whomped for setting it up like that!

Makes me want to chew nails, and to put a Louisville Slugger against it and "swing for the fence."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I find the steering a pleasant breeze compared to the "auto" climate system that doesn't know it's ass from a hole in the ground once you hit 61° and back to 62°. I'll have the stupid crap on "auto" and toggle down to 61° and it changes to Recirc. Well, there are many instances I don't want it on Recirc so the only thing I can do is it toggle back up to 62°. And then I have to push-button it back to Fresh mode. After about 20 seconds and it slowly getting warmer I then notice that when I pushed the button to Fresh, the A/C snowflake left to go get a happy meal, and took the "auto" with it.

I didn't turn off the A/C, nor did I want to cancel the "auto" function. So why does it do that? I don't know. Some engineer needs to be whomped for setting it up like that!

Makes me want to chew nails, and to put a Louisville Slugger against it and "swing for the fence."
    I have the manual climate controls in my Mirage. Otherwise, auto climate controls would have trumped electric power steering for the most annoying feature.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

The HVAC system in my wife's G4 is manual and it's a lot cheaper to fix than our auto HVAC, which is over double the costs IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The HVAC system in my wife's G4 is manual and it's a lot cheaper to fix than our auto HVAC, which is over double the costs IIRC.
    Has anyone actually had problems with the auto temp control setup? I don't recall hearing about any actuator failures or other problems that can only occur with fancy electromagic controls. GM and dodge are pretty infamous for blend door motors/actuators failing and you get electric motors to control the heat and mode regardless of if you have manual or auto temp controls.

Electric controls can be scary to some because you may not be able to farmer rig them as easily as manual controls if something breaks. But they don't seem to be a problem with these cars unless I really missed something? Mine work perfectly fine after 9 years.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Has anyone actually had problems with the auto temp control setup? I don't recall hearing about any actuator failures or other problems that can only occur with fancy electromagic controls. GM and dodge are pretty infamous for blend door motors/actuators failing and you get electric motors to control the heat and mode regardless of if you have manual or auto temp controls.

Electric controls can be scary to some because you may not be able to farmer rig them as easily as manual controls if something breaks. But they don't seem to be a problem with these cars unless I really missed something? Mine work perfectly fine after 9 years.
    Your totally right, I'm just saying if it does go out, the AUTO is double the cost for your avg consumer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have the manual climate controls in my Mirage.
    Lucky son of a gun!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Lucky son of a gun!
    2019 Mirage ES manual = dream car (5-speed manual, manual climate controls, & cruise control all standard) only year for that combination. The 2017-18 ES manuals don't have the factory cruise control.

I know that I don't dream very big if a Mirage is my dream car! My dream Mirage for sure!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    2019 Mirage ES manual = dream car (5-speed manual, manual climate controls, & cruise control all standard) only year for that combination.
    But is it blue?