Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazed on how much this car saves gas

Could be a driver doing exclusively short city trips with a CVT: engine spends most of its time warming up, so RPM is always higher, fuel enrichment is on much of the time, and combustion efficiency is worse.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-09-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flo2877 View Post
    almost for got my mph during the drive. minimum was 65 but most of the time it was at 70. Never even went to 80, actually I have never went to 80 since i got the car haahah.
    The only time I went over 80 was on the way to hospital when my wife was in labor, 10cm dialated. LOL

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 47.1 mpg (US) ... 20.0 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Could be a driver doing exclusively short city trips with a CVT: engine spends most of its time warming up, so RPM is always higher, fuel enrichment is on much of the time, and combustion efficiency is worse.
    My first thought was pizza delivery driver in a colder climate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 47.1 mpg (US) ... 20.0 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.6 mpg (Imp)

The worst average on trip B I've seen was 35mpg. That was with winter tires. I don't think it was driven with a very light foot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flo2877 View Post
    yha mine done have cruise control. Plus if I go 55mph they might pull me over going way too slow hahha. Like you said it would be a painful drive lol.
    No they wouldn't because you'd be doing the same speed that trucks are regulated to out there in the people's republic.
    Your state was by far the most beautiful, but worst state to drive in with those archaic speed laws

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)