Thread: 6 Month review Dott and Dolores ‘17 ES.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

6 Month review Dott and Dolores ‘17 ES.

Dott CVT- Trouble free, Lifetime 40 mpg, 1500 miles, Only negative CVT jumps once in a great while coming to a complete stop from my research nature of the CVT. Tires wearing evenly, no under carriage, or paint issues.

Dolores Manual- Trouble free, 5600 miles, Lifetime 47 mpg, Tires evenly worn, Brake pads 90% no paint issues, under carriage after winter a dab of surface rust on front suspension which I cleaned, primed, and painted otherwise perfect. Only negative hill assist.

Zero issues with handling or driving in rain or snow.

We think Mitsubishi did great with the Mirage however we are not fans with the dealer experience except for warranty and recalls, or to purchase another Mirage, we will not return to the dealership.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DottandDolores View Post
    We think Mitsubishi did great with the Mirage however we are not fans with the dealer experience except for warranty and recalls, or to purchase another Mirage, we will not return to the dealership.
    That's too bad. I hope you are able to find a dealership that takes care of you. They are out there, and they deserve your business.

Thanks for the review. What are your thoughts about the future for these two cars?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for your review!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Eggman, I don't know if you mean the future of the Mirage model or Dott and Dolores. I'll answer both ways. Because our cars are knocked by society I plan on keeping D&D in show room condition, high end cars would be jealous. One professional reviewer stated people who purchase the mirage would not maintain them. Mitsu had surprise success with the Mirage if I were in control I would not clone the Mirage into a Nissan product, I'd consider lowering the price instead of continued rebates, improve the dealer experience, and make the car as simple as possible for example every light be LED that means most owners would not deal with lights for 5-10 years.

Consumers also forget the world is a small place if gas prices jump these mirages may be worth more then new like the metros during the high gas price era. I know people stupid enough to lease expensive cars and drive way above terms or purchase and have crazy installments of 84 months or monthly payments the size of some mortgages.

My first new car was a base accent 5 speed I bought it new with rebates for 7800.00 I was the laughing stock of my friends, family, and co workers they didn't laugh when my car was completely trouble free had one recall for a gas cap I drove it for 140,000 miles did all the work myself I went through one set of brake pads, 3 sets of tires, besides bulbs, wipers, battery, and filter everything else was original it looked so good when I sold it I got 3800.00 The mirage is light years ahead of the accent to me people don't realize how good they got it and I'm still young and saying this.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DottandDolores For This Useful Post:

foama (05-03-2017),Pryme (05-05-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Agree about the dealership experience. My dealership was the worst new car dealership I've ever visited - and I've been in a lot of them. But, at 10.5K for a 2015 ES manual, I'm pretty happy with my little tractor. And it also gets 'Cadillac treatment' when it comes to maintenance. I take care of it so it takes care of me. 0 issues in 14 months and ~9K miles.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ranny For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats. I will post a review too in 3-5 days after I reach 20k in 5 months:-)

mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)