Thread: The first european 1.0L Manual Review

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

The first european 1.0L Manual Review

At first i'm really shocked to find out that the car really don't want to drive, it really began to run from first gear very slow, and i mean VERYYYYY slow that gets me honk from impatient drivers behind me, once the RPM reached 2000 the car does drive, but it's annoying to rev up from every start.
    After around 25 km of driving it gets a better, car needs to drive i think, but it's probably the difference between 1.0 and 1.2 as well.

The start/stop system really take getting used to, it does cut the fuel consumption although I don't use it a lot since 75% of my travelling are highway with continuous speed, sometimes need to rev up on 3rd gear to overtake a car. It has the needed power from 1st to 3rd gear, 4th and 5th gear's only to cut the fuel consumption.

It does help to change gear below 2500 rpm since below 2000 rpm there's not enough power on the 1000cc engine (there's a power gap at the lower rev).
    Rain sensor works very well, automatic light also works pretty well.

Seat's quite comfortable but i can't imagine it's nice to sit at the back since it's a surfing board! If I may complain the seat may be a little bit lower on sitting.

i miss the steering adjustment to get it closer to me as I always sit lean back (am driving on highway, must sit comfortably).

The overall pleasure of driving it: 4/5 stars
    Fuel consumption: 5/5 stars

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

CLARK (09-07-2013),MetroMPG (09-06-2013)

Thanks for posting this.

...sometimes need to rev up on 3rd gear to overtake a car.
    That sounds pretty normal for a car with this power. My 1.0L car is the same 3rd gear needed for brisk acceleration at highway speeds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Ah i c ... and that is where I get my ECO meter to a glowing RED!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)