Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What car did your Mirage replace? Trade-in, sold, or none of the above?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    It can't hold a candle to your low mileage, wow!

Just shy of 169 Mm, converted to metric for your ease .

By comparison Red is closing in on 452 and green is about 560.

Question for people in the metric world: why say k km, when the système international has a unit for that, the megameter. Isn't that the reason to use metric, scalable units for any quantity?
    Because 169 megameters is an impressive distance?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    2005 GMC jimmy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2012 Scion (Toyota) iQ.

Replaced the previous most-efficient non-hybrid with the current, due to a collision.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    1991 Mistsubishi Galant GTI.

I miss the faster car and space of the interior it has.

But now I am enjoying half the fuel costs and small car perks of the Mirage hatchback.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I don't remember if I posted in here or not.

My first Mirage, my '14 SE was a new to me car as my marriage exploded and the family van , a 2010 Caravan stayed with my ex. I had a 2001 Caravan in our marriage but every time I shut any door, I left a good half square foot of rusty metal on the ground.

Well, my '14 got killed in a snowstorm at an intersection. So I replaced it with a 2006 Saturn Vue, 4 cyl, 5mt. What was I thinking? Geezus.

I found a nearly new '17 in late '17 so it replaced my Saturn Vue. I met my latest partner and she unfortunately had a Focus, one with a DCT powertrain. Dog, that thing was the single most awful POS I've ever had the displeasure to drive. She basically took over my '17 Mirage and my Saturn just sat. I'm retired so I don't need a car every day. She sold the Focus to some poor shlep.

I guess you can say my 2nd '14 SE, the cheapie I got recently replaced the Focus which went in the summer. So all is happy in the Thacker household with each adult having their own Mirage and I still have my Vue for truck things when required but it's days are numbered. I really don't need it that much.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I remember looking at an orange VUE a few years before I bought my Mirage. I liked that there was a manual transmission option.

Also I think the VUE is one of the better-looking Saturns. The new Fiat 500x seems like a modern day variant of the same idea.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I agree the Vue is a sharp looker. Thinking about things, I've not purchased an automatic transmission vehicle in the last 3 or 4 decades. My spouses have bought slushboxes but I've always finangled manuals. Scratch that. In the late 80's/early 90s I was buying Caravan cargo vans to drive. While most, the 4 cyl. were manuals the v6 models were autos.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)