Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What car did your Mirage replace? Trade-in, sold, or none of the above?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by K.house73 View Post
    Traded in a 2013 Fiat 500 Turbo. Definitely miss the power and the sound of the exhaust on it.
    I still pine for a Fiat 500 Abarth! Just wish the back seat was bigger.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I replaced a 1998 Acura integra. I miss the power and handling, i don't miss the crappy mileage, the less then stellar snow handling, and the bumper falling off.

Welcome to the forum!

My family had a base '92 Integra 5-speed. Very enjoyable car, for sure.

Seems like a dramatic change of vehicle style -- what was the main reason you chose a Mirage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My 2014 replaced a 2005 Diesel Smart ForTwo, and it was such an upgrade. I think that's the reason I was so baffled by many of the negative reviews of the Mirage- you can't comprehend the perks of the Mirage fully until you have driven a noisy, slow, obnoxious piece of crap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyrelirwin For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-09-2017),inuvik (06-09-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, it was a bit of a long story actually!

The Acura was my first "real" car, I bought it when I started my first "real" job. 4 years later, i was starting to get annoyed by it's rattlyness, so I started to daydream about a new car. I test drove an abarth, and liked it a lot, but I didn't feel ready to buy it at that point. A few months later, I had to go down to phoenix for work, and basically asked enterprise what their smallest and most fuel efficient vehicle was, and they pulled out the mirage. It was a cvt, (blegh), but every single trip down there I got 50mpg avg, which I was amazed by. It really felt like the closest I could get to a 90s Japanese car without time travel.

So, that gave me a lurking softspot for the mirage, and I then started to look at those small econo-cars. It came down to the Mirage and the fiesta ecoboost, but I sat in the fiesta, and hated the interior, it was over-complicated, and the center console made me feel claustrophobic. That, and bloody infotainment crap.

So, i hopped over to my mitsu dealership, took a test drive of the mirage in the middle of winter, and bought my blue base ES with heated seats, and I am perfectly happy with it! I love the turning circle, I don't feel that the power is lacking, I have hit 110mph in it, (suspention didn't like that...) and the mpg is great. But now I have a light fun city car that has a unique character! I like performance, but most modern performance cars in the 25-35k range were too bloated and tech heavy, and I am more on the Colin Chapman fan club side of things. Keep it simple, right?

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wallawallaman For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-10-2017),Daox (06-09-2017),Eggman (06-09-2017),inuvik (06-09-2017),MetroMPG (06-09-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrelirwin View Post
    My 2014 replaced a 2005 Diesel Smart ForTwo, and it was such an upgrade. I think that's the reason I was so baffled by many of the negative reviews of the Mirage- you can't comprehend the perks of the Mirage fully until you have driven a noisy, slow, obnoxious piece of crap.
    I know, right?

I don't get the reviews either. It's like, fine, yeah, the interior is 100% hard plastic, but who cares? I would rather not spend 6 thousand dollars more just to get fake leather and alloy wheels. It just cuts to the core of what your reference point is, and the difference between needs and wants. I think Mitsubishi built a decent car, and I am glad I own one, and I have a feeling as the years go by we will be happier and happier as gas prices will inevitably go up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallawallaman For This Useful Post:

Tyrelirwin (06-09-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My 2015 Mirage replaced my 2000 Chevy Metro 4-cyl, when the frame rusted and the axle pulled out of the trans. Same thing happened to car before that, 1994 Geo Metro 3-cyl. Great cars. Extremely happy with the Mirage as well.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hflaisher For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-09-2017),Eggman (06-09-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Woo, welcome fellow previous Metro owner. There are lots of us here.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Woo, welcome fellow previous Metro owner. There are lots of us here.
    Thanks, I noticed. .... probably because we all love 3-cyls and the Mirage is one of the few made. Since I bought mine, I understand that the Focus comes in a high-horsepower 3-cyl.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    My Mirage replaced a 2004 Honda Civic DX 5 speed.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (12-15-2017)