Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First 2014 Mirages have arrived in Canada - available Sept 24th

First 2014 Mirages have arrived in Canada - available Sept 24th

They're here! I have to admit, as silly as it sounds, I find this news a little bit exciting...

Shin Fujioka, President & CEO Mitsu Motors Canada, poses with all 8 colours of the 2014 Mirage, fresh off the boat.

2014 Mirage 1st Arrival in Canada - Shin Fujioka, MMSCAN President & CEO and Eli Kipper, Director Sales & Fleet Administration

Here's the official Mitsu Canada press release on the arrival:

First 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Arrives
    Canada’s newest subcompact

Port of Vancouver, B.C. (September 10, 2013) – The first ship to complete the Pacific crossing containing the all-new three-cylinder, Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback was greeted by Shin Fujioka, president & CEO, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada.

Rated at 4.4 L/100 km (64 mpg) in highway driving, the five-passenger Mirage is Mitsubishi’s latest ultra-efficient car and will feature a starting price of only $12,498 when it goes on sale this month.

Made in Thailand, Mirage will be the fifth model family in Mitsubishi’s line-up, and caps a year of product growth for Canada’s smallest car company following the June arrival of the new 2014 Outlander compact sport utility.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/e...?mediaid=14274
    Update Sept 18th -- it's going on sale next week. Full press release:

New $12,498 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage on Sale Next Week
    Canada’s newest subcompact leads in fuel economy and warranty

Mississauga, ON (September 17, 2013) – When Mitsubishi’s all-new three-cylinder, five-door Mirage hatchback arrives at dealerships on September 24, it will instantly be crowned the most fuel efficient, best-backed and among the lowest-priced subcompact cars in Canada.

Rated at 4.4 L/100 km (64 mpg) in highway driving, the five-passenger Mirage is Mitsubishi’s latest ultra-efficient car and Canada’s most fuel efficient, gasoline-powered subcompact. Utilizing a coordinated delivery schedule, all of Mitsubishi’s 88 Canadian dealers will have Mirage models delivered to their showrooms by next Tuesday.

“Beginning on September 24, from British Columbia to Newfoundland, the all-new Mitsubishi Mirage will provide Canadian consumers a compelling, get-a-lot-for-a-little small-car proposition,” said Tony Laframboise, vice president, Sales & Marketing, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada.

“With a starting price of $12,498, or just under $14,000 inclusive of PDI and shipping, Mirage offers incredible value backed by the best warranty on earth,” he added.

Expressive in InfraRed, Kiwi Green, Plasma Purple, Thunder Grey, Starlight Silver or Sapphire Blue, Cloud White and Mystic Black paint colours, Mirage features a sculpted, smooth aerodynamic design with curves that add up to an impressive .28 coefficient of drag. A rear roof spoiler is standard and, when teamed with a narrow radiator grille, shapely front bumper and a tapered roof, the look is stylishly cool. The functional, well-appointed interior is surprisingly roomy for five passengers, ergonomic and comfortable with good visibility.

Ultra Efficient

And while aerodynamics play a role in Mirage’s leading fuel efficiency, the 1.2-litre, all-aluminum, in-line three-cylinder, double overhead-cam engine steps up with variable valve timing, higher compression ratio, friction-reducing pistons, bearings, camshaft and valve train design. Engine noise is kept to a minimum with the addition of a torsional damper to the crankshaft, a stiffener plate and robust transmission mounts.

Mirage’s combined city/highway fuel economy is 4.9 L/100 km (58 mpg) and, for city driving, 5.3 L/100 km (53 mpg) for CVT-equipped models. The entry-level Mirage SE with five-speed, manual transmission is rated at 5.3 L/100 km (53 mpg) in combined driving, 4.6 L/100 km (61 mpg) highway and 5.9 L/100 km (48 mpg) in city driving.

Two Models

Mirage becomes the fifth model family in Mitsubishi’s line-up, and caps a year of product growth for Canada’s smallest car company following the June arrival of the new 2014 Outlander compact sport utility.

Mirage will be offered in two well-appointed trim levels, ES and SE; both include the standard five-speed manual transmission (5MT) or available Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT).

With an MSRP of $12,498 Mirage ES features seven standard airbags (dual front, front/rear side impact, front-seat side impact and driver’s knee), a suite of safety features including Anti-Lock Brakes, Active Stability Control, Traction Control, Brake Override System, Brake Assist and Electric Brake Force Distribution plus Mitsubishi’s Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) body system which combines an impact energy-absorbing front end with a high-rigidity cabin structure.

Also standard on Mirage ES P165/65 R14 all-season tires, front disc/rear drum brakes, 140-watt, four-speaker audio system with CD/MP3, halogen headlamps, folding and power side mirrors, intermittent wipers, power front windows, tilt steering, multi-function information display and 60/40 split folding rear seat.

An MSRP of $13,698 adds CVT to Mirage ES in lieu of the standard five-speed manual transmission.

The move up to the Mirage SE includes the equipment found on five-speed manual Mirage ES and adds alloy wheels, automatic climate control air conditioning, heated front seats, fog lamps, heated side-view mirrors, power door locks with remote keyless entry, front and rear power windows, six-way adjustable driver’s seat and much more for an MSRP of $15,398 – the above with CVT for $16,598.

A top-of-the-line Mirage SE Convenience Package (five-speed manual) adds cruise control, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob, Bluetooth 2.0 hands-free with cellphone interface, streaming audio and USB input with voice control and steering-wheel-mounted cruise and audio controls for $15,898 – the above with CVT for $17,098.

Specifications

The Mirage specifications are: Curb weight, 895 kg; Length, 3,780 mm; width, 1665 mm; height, 1500 mm; wheelbase, 2450 mm (turning radius of 4.6 m); cargo capacity of 487 litres; wheels/tires, 165/65R14; output, 74 hp at 6,000 rpm (that’s a power-to-weight ratio of 1 hp per 12.1 kg) and 74 ft. lbs. torque at 4,000 rpm.

Market

Manufactured in Thailand, Mirage is a Mitsubishi world car. On sale since last year in Japan, Philippines and Australia and earlier this year (as Space Star) in Europe, Mirage is the first small car entry for Mitsubishi in Canada. Aimed at consumers young and older, Laframboise is confident in Mirage’s competitive position in Canada, noting price, fuel economy and warranty go a long way in wooing buyers in the subcompact segment.

He expects about one quarter of Mirage buyers will be younger, first-time vehicle purchases. Older buyers returning to the small-car market will likely account for the balance of sales.

He also noted research that suggests Mirage will be particularly appealing to female consumers who make up 2/3rds of the first-time buyers and over one-half of returning buyers of subcompacts in Canada. He noted Mitsubishi dealers have already earned a competitive edge in that arena, confirmed by a 2012 Maritz Research survey that pegged Mitsubishi as one of the four auto brands most popular with Canadian women.

Mirage is backed by the best warranty in the world – 10 years or 160,000 km limited powertrain, five years or 100,000 km limited new vehicle and five years, unlimited mileage roadside assistance.

Attached Images Attached Images     

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-12-2013)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I find it exciting as well. One step closer to having it in the US!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Photos appear to have been taken here:

http://goo.gl/maps/1efl4

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Wow, that is a BIG parking lot...
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

I know! I was in Vancouver last winter, and saw one of the car lots in the port lands. I was told there were 10,000 cars in it.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Wow, they really shipped the whole car! It's not even locally assembled. Nice congrats guys in Canada and U.S.
    This vehicle really worth the wait ... It's spacious, Cute, quite complete, nice to drive, quite steady driving thru storm (did it 2 days ago).
    Economical fuel consumption even with my driving style is a huge asset of this car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The long wait is over the cars are on your land WooHoo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll be running down to the nearest dealership for a test drive once they get them over here!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    You really should give it a try, it's a nice car to drive, really

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Cani Lupine - judging by the fact they appear to be arriving on the west coast first, you may get the chance before too long.