Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can cvt J1 fluid be used in place of J4?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    No doubt, Ralphie. Heck, do a Mirage forum search for "Geo Metro" and see how many thread titles come up! At least the Outlander is a "cuz", as you say in Atlanta! LOL
    Haha you got the reference! Awsome.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Haha you got the reference! Awsome.
    "He looks like a pink nightmare!"

Name:  v3CD57b.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  14.0 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    "He looks like a pink nightmare!"
    Ha! That's a great movie that cannot be improved.

It's fun to drive past that house in that old neighborhood.

Anyway, who will be the first to try J1 fluid in their CVT?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Cheap eneos 3026-400 fluid. Can we use it?

Found this but when looking online I can’t find any information on what vehicles it is used for. Anyone know anything on this? Comes in a 24 quart (6gallon) container

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123643450453

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke92 View Post
    Found this but when looking online I can’t find any information on what vehicles it is used for. Anyone know anything on this? Comes in a 24 quart (6gallon) container

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123643450453
    Yes

https://www.eneos.us/wp-content/uplo...ide-042018.pdf

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome thanks! Looks like I’m gonna have a lifetime supply!

It looks like I may be using a different brand of engine oil and cvt fluid in the near future. I looked up the spec sheet for the cvt fluid though and it meets the Mitsu J1 spec but it didn't show the J4 rating.... The fluid I've been using for years did have the J4 rating on the bottle. I have a feeling I'll be using the J1 stuff and see how it goes.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ah, Fit! I have fond memories of Singapore! Bought a Tamiya (sp?) sextant there because the old Navy ones were so poor.

I appreciate your post and following comments since my first 20000 mile trans service is looming. I think I will do a Fummins and leave the filters in place and just drain and fill.

I truly wish one of you genuine genius would develop a simple system of using the on board pump to COMPLETELY flush and fill the whole batch of fluid. There got to be a way....
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    Ah, Fit! I have fond memories of Singapore! Bought a Tamiya (sp?) sextant there because the old Navy ones were so poor.

I appreciate your post and following comments since my first 20000 mile trans service is looming. I think I will do a Fummins and leave the filters in place and just drain and fill.

I truly wish one of you genuine genius would develop a simple system of using the on board pump to COMPLETELY flush and fill the whole batch of fluid. There got to be a way....
    You could probably install a heat exchanger from a Nissan that has an additional external cvt fluid cooler. Then when you want to flush the transmission hook up one line to new fluid and the other to a drain pan or empty container. I'm not positive this would work in realitly like it does in my head though, can't see why not? I'd try it but I just don't care that much. My cvt in my car should last me until it rusts out or all the flooded car electrical gremlins start to appear.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-26-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have 25k so far on Castrol Transmax CVT and ATF/CVT universal mixture(cheapest cvt fluid I could find with Mitsubishi Spec) and all is well. The CVT and ATF/CVT are clearly different products based on fluid color/viscosity. I think the dedicated CVT one only comes in 1 quart and I got a bonkers price error on it at walmart.com and they fixed it the next day. Since then I have been using ATF/CVT universal 1 gallon. I have only swapped the fluid completely at 60k miles. I got another aliexpress filter gasket filter combo and 2 gallons of transmax waiting for the 120k mile mark.

Last edited by Mirageman38; 07-27-2023 at 02:27 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-27-2023)