Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Mirage question

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I feel like you will make more power (not a huge amount but more than what you have) by switching to the manual transmission. One thing about subaru's, same motor same same, one with CVT the other manual. the manual is noticeably faster than the cvt due to how the cvt reacts to throttle input. the tests were don't side by side and switching driver, and cvt was always slightly slower than manual due to its nature. so you might blip over 120 after the swap. get it re-tuned of course to match the trans gearing as its also different than cvt.

From what I've witnessed you'll always put more power to the ground in a standard than an automatic. Same with a 2wd vs a 4x4. I don't remember the numbers off hand but from what I remembered is if you have a rwd manual vehicle on a chassis dyno you can take the power you make to the wheels and add 15% for a standard, about 20% for an auto, and that'll give you a rough idea how much you make at the crank. Add another 5-10% for a 4x4 or awd?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris051 View Post
    And in Puerto Rico we are tuning the ECU doing the Reflash. No piggyback no other computer. The max HP we get is 119 9psi"boost", internal stock.
    Hi there,

That's amazing work you have done to get to flash and turbo the car all using stock components.
    With a cvt how do you do a dyno run?
    I tried dynoing my cvt and it's not accurate and gives higher than normal Hp figures.
    Any techniques or tricks to keep it in gear? Like which rpm and speed to start the run and at which rpm to cut the run?

Thanks in advanced!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi, i have a mirage Turbo in Puerto Rico. I need to know is i can use a rods from a nother car to forge my engine. Any help is appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum Cris051! I'm very interested in your Mirage build. Don't be shy about posting your progress and findings please. Share the love!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is awesome and exactly what I need! For me the 119 HP would be plenty. Please keep the posts coming. I would love to have this done to mine as well. What parts are you using?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And in Puerto Rico we are tuning the ECU doing the Reflash. No piggyback no other computer. The max HP we get is 119 9psi"boost", internal stock.
    Finally someone who does it right.. piggybacks are garbage for modern ECUs. Any pictures of your turbo manifold (is it one off)?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you know which program is being used to interface with/tune your ecu?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_top_her View Post
    Finally someone who does it right.. piggybacks are garbage for modern ECUs. Any pictures of your turbo manifold (is it one off)?
    I disagree, an aftermarket ecu will always be far superior to a stock ecu, in both monitoring and performance metrics.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    I disagree, an aftermarket ecu will always be far superior to a stock ecu, in both monitoring and performance metrics.
    Not necessarily. Just because an aftermarket ecu has a bunch of extra features doesn't make it better if they aren't being used or applicable to the application. The more variables the oem ecu can monitor and change the more efficient the engine is. There is no point in spending a g or more on an aftermarket ecu if the oem has the applicable tables, and there is software to interface with it. The annoying about these posts when they pop up is they pretty much don't talk about what software is being used or any details about tuning but just throw up a picture of an engine bay..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chris_top_her For This Useful Post:

Angrybeaver (06-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    How about some details of your turbo build, and tune?