Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turbo Mirage question

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namco View Post
    I disagree, an aftermarket ecu will always be far superior to a stock ecu, in both monitoring and performance metrics.
    He was also talking about a piggyback which just "tricks" the ecu it doesn't replace it. Chris, on the other hand, an aftermarket ecu will almost always have a larger table to work off of when tuning so there are very few instances where a stock ecu will be better than an aftermarket one. In the case of the mirage though. If it's flashable I doubt people will exceed the needs that a stock ecu can handle especially if it's anywhere near the capabilities of an older evo ecu.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rkt Ship For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-12-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So I had an idea for a top mount inter cooler on this little car using a turbo from a mini cooper (first results on ebay that was cheap for smaller engines.) I'd love to do something like this but the only information i don't understand is the boost control setup. Could anyone help me with this? Imagine the pep of a turbo and the more aggressive sounds.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris051 View Post
    Im using a "T25" and 119 HP with a CVT transmission!! Im doing the swap to M/T.Attachment 9368
    Hey Cris051 I know it's been a while, but do you have any updates on your project?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)