Yeah I hear you there. I'd be a little concerned about a having problems with a cheap econo car as well. But from what I've myself (for 2015's and 2017's) these are pretty reliable and trouble free. Hopefully there are more aftermarket parts for these cars in the near future.
Even looking up used parts can be somewhat a pain unless you find an intelligent counter person willing to help or a pick a part yard. Wreckers usually aren't able to interchange anything cause the programs they use doesn't include the mirage for some reason. I tried last week at a friends auto wrecker which uses on Car-part.com. You can look up parts but it just gives a generic part number and you have to figure out what fits on your own or try to use the interchange on rockauto. If you look up cv axle it won't give you the option of cvt or mt. Or if you look up transmission it doesn't give you an option. I tried to explain this to someone on this forum once before but I don't think I got my point across.
I'm kinda surprised that they don't have a water pump available aftermarket yet, I'm not able to get rear drums either. But I haven't needed either of those yet. The Mirage's are holding together much better than the 1- 14' spark we had, that thing was a piece of crap from the get go.