Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitsubishi 100th Anniv

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Do you have any info about the Mirage pictured above?

I noticed the plastic cladding on the wheel arches and around the lower part of the rest of the car. It looks to me like Mitsu's response to the Chevrolet Spark "Activ" trim, which is a real thing, where even entry level cars are being dressed up to try to capitalize on the "crossover" and "utility vehicle" craze:

Attachment 9435

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/11/...ity-adventure/
    Aside from the wheel arch plastics it looks like a typical Mirage SEL (Can)/Mirage GT (US).
    I would think adding mass/width in the arches like that would further exaggerate the Mirage's "Guinea pig" stance so I'm glad it didn't make it onto current model.

Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Not only the stance issue, but GM even raised the Spark by around an inch. So people could take it rock crawling obviously). That would make the Mirage look even odder.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Not only the stance issue, but GM even raised the Spark by around an inch. So people could take it rock crawling obviously). That would make the Mirage look even odder.
    I think the Mirage has pretty decent ground clearance even with the small 165/65r14 tires. I agree also this "Crossover Craze" is getting a little out there. The Mirage will already go where lots of these "softroaders" can't (especially with the CVT, shifting it into B gives you some serious low crawl speeds).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    those plastic are sold seperately. i if you buy a mirage here its not included. its just for their display purposes. aftermarket or some modders sell those. mostly from thailand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Theres no GT versions released here. only GLS thats already the top of the line here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's great! Thanks for posting all those pics.

What part of the show did you find most interesting?
    Interesting for me was the show girls! lolz

Seriously, the montero sports coz i like to have one someday. but i guess i had to stick with my beloved mirage.