Thread: Philippines: A sneak peek and drive of the Mirage-with-a-trunk Mitsubishi Mirage G4

Philippines: A sneak peek and drive of the Mirage-with-a-trunk Mitsubishi Mirage G4

The Philippine Star drives & reports on Mitsu's hopes for the sedan version of the hugely popular hatchback...

Highlights....

- Toyota Vios (Yaris) sedan currently dominates in the small 3-box market
    - "Don’t be surprised to see the Mirage G4 running about the metro’s streets as a taxicab."
    - Styling is indifferent: "will not necessarily turn heads, but it will not offend either"
    - Same 1.2L engine as the hatchback.
    - 77 hp is enough power to move the car "smartly".
    - Will be a fuel economy leader - rated 22 km/L (achievable on the highway); but expect 12-14 km/L in city use.
    - Impressive that it's both the lightest and one of the roomiest sedans in the segment.
    - Handling/performance: "Like its styling, the G4’s performance will neither offend nor excite."
    - Mitsu PH is predicting sales of 700 to 900 a month, vs. the hathcback's 650/mo.

Read the full article: http://www.philstar.com/motoring/201...ishi-mirage-g4

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

m4v3r1ck (10-22-2013)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    that is the one i want to get. I really gonna change to attrage in a few years after my mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    The main challenge of the G4 is that it's very closely priced to the hugely popular (and in the eyes of many, more proven) Toyota Vios (Yaris Sedan). I'm betting that a good amount of that 700-900/month figure will be fleet sales (especially taxis).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha_One For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-23-2013)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Ah i think so too, but there's bigger chance this car will be sold in the europe than Vios. It's not coming to europe that car.
    I do like sedans much more though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    I'm betting that a good amount of that 700-900/month figure will be fleet sales (especially taxis).
    Aha. Thanks for that insight, Alpha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    1000 units have been sold in September! Article: Mitsubishi Philippines sees record 45,000 cars sold in 2013

A local shopping mall tycoon bought 200 in one go.

Looks like Mitsubishi is set to challenge Toyota's supremacy in the Philippine market!
    Last edited by Alpha_One; 10-21-2013 at 05:20 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Will the Attrage be more or less fuel efficient in the city? Are we expecting to see this in NA by the end of next year or sooner? I love the way this car looks, as I am a huge Toyota Echo/Yaris sedan fan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2010 Yaris 1.5 manual: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It will pry be a little worse. It will be a little heavier, and pry have a 1.5T engine. It will still be very good for the class of car

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    I wouldn't say the styling is "indifferent". I think it looks great in the blue or red. But then again i bought one so i would think that.

Here in Thailand it's a lot cheaper than the Vios and Yaris even with a better specification.