Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirage muffler options?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage muffler options?

Hello all!

Looking to get sound out of my 2015 mirage, but have never dealt with a car as small as this or en engine as small as this. Looking for suggestions or detailed info from members who have put on aftermarket mufflers or deleted a muffler?

I have a local shop who does damn good custom work and i have taken my vehicles there for years, but they dont even know where to begin with a car like this. They want to see the car and the exhaust in person and go from there but if i can go with some knowledge i can guide them in the direction i want to go.

I have always been a fan of dual exhausts with gutted glasspacks (because in my state you have to have a visual muffler of some sort) because it was loudest legal sound... but that was on a v8 crown victoria!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    After some forum lurking, i think i want to go with a resonator delete and a glasspack, but the muffler folks only have 2 inch inlet/outlet glasspacks... he says adapting wont be an issie, but i am wondering if having that large of a glasspack will cause backpressure issues or other issues?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Too bad you can't just delete the muffler & resonator.

I'm sure your neighbors would love that lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

daleWV (07-21-2017)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    i was struck in a dilemma too before i change my exhaust last month. some of the tips that i got from other thread to maintain the mpg and perfomance is to:
    1)maintain the pipes diameter
    2)maintain the inlet and outlet muffler diameter

what i did was i changed the muffler in the middle with a straight flow muffler, a semi louvered muffler (2inch in/out).the resonator at the end,i changed it with a straight flow hks reps (2inch in/out).i maintain the inlet pipe diameter (1.5~1.6 inch) the sound was just nice,not too loud,not drone too much. about the mpg, as long as i dont floor it too much it wont be a problem. since im on a cvt tranny, there is several loss on the pick up. top end was tad better than stock, can feel its more easily to reach 60~80mph rather than the restricted stock one. yeah, i knw i should change to a s-flow muffler at the rear to maintain my pick up, but my budget was tight at that time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Today is the day for the exhaust work. I chose (after pricing quotes) to swap the stock muffler with a 2 inch glasspack. The shop said they dont have a 1.5 so they have to adapt it up and back down again on the inlet/outlets. $135

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Heres to hoping i can still hear the radio over the drone lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well the job is done and I am thoroughly impressed. The sound is very deep and not overly loud. Although I do believe it will get louder with a little bit of time. Lower RPM is very deep and throaty and highway speeds There is almost no drone which makes me happy

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TFCfan2021 View Post
    Well the job is done and I am thoroughly impressed. The sound is very deep and not overly loud. Although I do believe it will get louder with a little bit of time. Lower RPM is very deep and throaty and highway speeds There is almost no drone which makes me happy
    cool!!! can you post a video up here with some of those sounds?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What exhaust shop did you use for the exhaust? Was it $135 parts and labor? I am often in Pittsburgh ubering
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Best i can do is provide a link to a youtube vid... the sound is louder in person...

https://youtu.be/QGyR_10y5PI

Muffler shop was Jaks Muffler... Washington, Pa... and correction. It was $165 grand total.