Another review of the top-spec Mirage 3 finds the car wanting at this price level (the best value in the UK appears to be the Mirage "1").
This is probably the worst review since Top Gear trashed it --- UK Top Gear Mirage review: "Avoid at all costs" (Surprised?)
Also: Mitsubishi, are you listening to your critics on the subject of suspension/handling? If you think it's fine as-is, you're doing a poor job making the case to most motoring journalists!
- fuel economy / running costs, but when pushing the engine in real-world driving, the ratings will be hard to achieve
- acceptable acceleration performance compared to direct competitors
- Cost of the "3" trim doesn't compete well against rivals on equipment
- on-road manners are below the competition
- handling in the corners isn't sorted out for UK driving
- vague shifter
- engine vibration at low RPM when pulling away
- unsupportive seats (side bolstering)
- "cheap" interior plastics
(I believe by "performance" they mean "acceleration", compared to rivals.)we found the Mirage fell short on every aspect except performance. If that’s what you’re looking for from your small car, there are still better options out there.
Read the whole article: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/advice...-5d-road-test/