Thread: UK: Mitsubishi Mirage 3 road test (parkers.co.uk)

UK: Mitsubishi Mirage 3 road test (parkers.co.uk)

Another review of the top-spec Mirage 3 finds the car wanting at this price level (the best value in the UK appears to be the Mirage "1").

This is probably the worst review since Top Gear trashed it --- UK Top Gear Mirage review: "Avoid at all costs" (Surprised?)

Also: Mitsubishi, are you listening to your critics on the subject of suspension/handling? If you think it's fine as-is, you're doing a poor job making the case to most motoring journalists!

Liked:

- fuel economy / running costs, but when pushing the engine in real-world driving, the ratings will be hard to achieve
    - acceptable acceleration performance compared to direct competitors

Didn't like:

- Cost of the "3" trim doesn't compete well against rivals on equipment
    - on-road manners are below the competition
    - handling in the corners isn't sorted out for UK driving
    - vague shifter
    - engine vibration at low RPM when pulling away
    - unsupportive seats (side bolstering)
    - "cheap" interior plastics

Overall:

we found the Mirage fell short on every aspect except performance. If that’s what you’re looking for from your small car, there are still better options out there.
    (I believe by "performance" they mean "acceleration", compared to rivals.)

Read the whole article: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/advice...-5d-road-test/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    wow thats negative haha

i wanna see competitors with the 3 cyl ice
    and cheap plastics? did they look at the back doors of the toyota yaris...

A theme I've seen in UK reviews is Mitsu provides the uplevel car to reviewers (because it's the nicest, with the most toys), but it's the entry level car that is best-equipped for its price vs. rivals (ie. best value).

So right off the bat, you find writers asking, "they want HOW MUCH MONEY for this trim??" And it goes downhill from there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)