Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G'day from 'straya, mate!

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

G'day from 'straya, mate!

Hi guys,

Laz here from australia, just saying hello. I've been a long time mitsu owner, but I am a new Mirage owner, just got a 2013 ES Sport, and man I love that thing to death. I know I've only had it for 4 days but I love it, it's a great little car. Plus I'm 190cm tall and probably weigh close to that number in kilos, so there's always the humour factor of a ginormous oaf coming out of a tiny car!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Nice .... Welcome here, you can get mods tips here haha

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

How's it goin', eh!?

Congrats on the purchase. Did you go for the manual or automatic?

Hope you'll make a garage entry and consider posting a write-up/owner review to let us know your thoughts on the new wheels.

Welcome to the forum!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    so with your height how do you think driving the car for a prolonged period of time would be? thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site, and congrats on the new car!

Definitely make a garage entry so we can all see your car.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I went for the auto. I was going to get a manual, but they had an ex demontrator model with only about 15 kilometres on it and it was cheaper by nearly $1000 so I decided to go for that instead. I'd only ever make minor mods to it, I'm pretty happy with the way it is now. Will definitely have to make a garage entry soon.

Kalifornia - I haven't driven it for long periods yet, but I think it might get a little uncomfortable for extended periods. Still, even if I go on long drives I tend to take breaks every couple of hours (or even more frequent) even if I was driving a bigger car, so I don't think it would be an issue. My brother has a 2008 lancer and to be honest I don't find it that much bigger that the room I have in the mirage, and I've driven that for extended periods with no worries.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lazlow For This Useful Post:

kalifornia (09-22-2013)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Wow you're lucky, the reason i didn't get the auto was because it's 2000 euro more expensive which the price difference can get me more than 1200 liter fuel which is good for 24000 km of driving!
    On the driver and passenger part there's not much difference with bigger cars, I own a Galant as well and to be honest it does feels almost the same driving both of them except I sit very close to my passenger compared to the Galant and it sits a bit more comfortable in Galant (at the new price of exceeding 2,5 times the Mirage I don't have complaints about the Mirage).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Nice that you got the CVT with such a discount. Congrats again.

Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts about the car as you get some more kilometers on it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Welcome Laz great to have one more from Straya mate. Please keep us updated on how the mirage goes over time. What colour did you get?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Got Red Planet, will get some pics up in the garage soon, just have been a bit slack!