Thread: Used vs. New?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    There are definitely some killer deals out there on used Mirages. I only bought my 2015 new because the huge rebates at the time allowed me to get a 'loaded' one for $10k. The current rebates aren't at that level.

Just be careful in the used market because it seems like there are a lot of salvage title Mirages out there. There's nothing necessarily bad about a salvage title Mirage if you know why it has a branded title and it's discounted significantly. The used retail value on these cars is so low (and the cost of replacement parts so high), even a minor fender bender can end up totaling a 2 year old Mirage. That's a bummer, but it means more cheap used parts for the rest of us.

Just remember many institutions won't finance a salvage title car, it won't have any warranty, and any car with a branded title is hard/impossible to sell. My biggest beef with the salvage title Mirages I see for sale is that many are barely discounted from the retail price of a Mirage with a clean title?!?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

bolo (07-27-2017)