Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: keyles entry when fob battery is empty? how to start car?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    If you do it properly you never have to use the physical key, it's for EMERGENCY. IF they had no place to insert the physical key like u suggested it, how would you open the car when your remote unit doesn't work?

Why on earth would you want to disable the keyless entry? I WANT the keyless entry, you can also get a version with remote (without keyless option). IF you bought the keyless version it's because you want to USE it right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    i have keyless entry now and never use it and so have it turned off because it only drains the 12 volt battery.
    and thats a problem because i only drive it short distance and not a lot. so the 12 volt batterys life is short.

if i get the version with no keyless entry then i dont get the climate control
    the first package with climate control also gets the keyless entry ;-(

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    You have 2 options maybe?
    1. Don't get the climate control (I always control mine manually, don't use the climate control coz it suck, it opens and closes the outside air flow itself which i don't want) sounds just like u do with the keyless entry lol u have it but don't want it.
    2. Install 3rd party alarm system with its own remote control to open and close the doors. That's twee vliegen in een klap, car's saver and you don't drain your keyless battery?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    i want the climate control because it want i to open keep at the temp i set it to.
    if it needs to close and open things then thats what needs to be ;-)

i wonder if the key less entry version does not have a button somewhere to disable it.
    or maybe a fuse somewhere so that the keyless does no longer work
    you can then still open the doors remote pressing the remote control but the keyless would not work so i need to put the key down under ( not australia :P )

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Uh you would have to decide for yourself if climate control really worth it. If I read from your reaction you would prefer no keyless with start/stop, so get that version. Seriously the climate control isn't worth it. There's more that can go wrong with it compared to old school levers and buttons. I really want the keyless version but don't need the climate control.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    so your stuck with the climate control because you have the keyless entry and you dont get it with the manual AC. ( in the NL )
    back in the day you did not have packages you just tick the boxes of what options you wanted....
    i would also like to have cruise control the US models get it....

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Agrees! I have to install aftermarkt cruise control for 550 euro. Done it and very happy with the cruise control which i daily use.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    pictures and more brand name you used would be nice!!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I have posted it in the forum somewhere .... but anyway it's John Gold GoldCruise with CM4 operating lever. I'm not sure about the type of the controller as the dealer arrange it for me.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    mm ok thx but 550 euro i think is a little to high.