Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage a pint-sized and fun urban commuter (nationalpost.com)

Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage a pint-sized and fun urban commuter (nationalpost.com)

Alexandra Straub, Postmedia News
    | 23/09/13

This is the very first Mirage review we've seen from Canadian (North American) media.

It's generally a positive, no-nonsense review. And "no-nonsense" seems to be how Mitsu is presenting the car to the press -- no over-promising here.

I think this report snuck out accidentally -- because the URL to the full story is now returning a 404 error. (Usually media reviewing cars have to agree to a publishing embargo up to a specified date set by the manufacturer, so maybe this one was published early by accident, then "un-published".)

Likes...

- efficient packaging: good interior room front & rear despite small footprint
    - fuel economy
    - warranty
    - affordability
    - "bright & bubbly" vibrant colours

Dislikes...

- won't win any drag races
    - CVT engine whine under acceleration

Overall...

It’s a back-to-the basics vehicle, which is what Mitsubishi sets out to deliver. And it delivers it well. Overall, the first iteration of Mitsubishi Canada’s foray into the subcompact segment left me with a smile on my face. A job well done.
    Read the full review & see more photos (once the embargo is lifted) ...

http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/09...rban-commuter/

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

On the subject of engine power, I chuckled when I read this bit in her review:

"Don’t get too excited when you read that it has 74 horsepower and 74 pound-feet of torque. You could possibly get excited about those numbers. I’m not judging you."

Could they be referring to us?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I also got to read it before the article disappeared. I agree its a no-nonsense article. Doesn't harp on personal things that the reviewer doesn't like, no nit-picking I guess. He also doesn't say its a Ferrari either. Its pretty straight forward.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)