Thread: Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage - 3 cylinders and 2 drops of fuel (review, autogo.ca)

Canada: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage - 3 cylinders and 2 drops of fuel (review, autogo.ca)

Another favourable review from Canada. That's 3 in a row, and reviewer Benoit Charette was even pleasantly surprised by the engine.

Notable: the reviewer got 5.6L/100km in combined driving around Quebec City & Ile d'Orleans. It's not clear to me if that was in the 5-speed or CVT though. (That translates to 42 mpg US, 17.9 km/L, 50 mpg Imperial.)

Liked:

- quiet engine has a nice "purring" sound
    - CVT behaves nicely owing to 2-step gearing
    - precise power steering
    - nice shifting 5-speed
    - variety of "head-turning" colours
    - low fuel consumption

Didn't like:

- uninspired styling
    - modest interior materials

Overall:

I must admit that the Mirage is pretty surprising. Let’s give it a few points for the fun drive, the appreciable interior space, the confortable ride and the great fuel consumption.
    Read the full review & view photos: http://www.autogo.ca/en/reviews/test...-drops-of-fuel

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Glad to hear the good reviews

Me too. I wonder if the first 3 American reviews will be as positive.

We tend to like small cars up here more than people do south of the 49th.

Oh -- and we especially like them in Quebec. It's no coincidence that's where the car was introduced first.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)