Thread: Any oil analysis reports on the Mobil 1 0W40 European?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Any oil analysis reports on the Mobil 1 0W40 European?

Has anyone gotten a report back on the Mobil 1 0W40 European? If so, how do the wear numbers compare to any of the popular 0W20 options?

I am coming up to a change and am considering changing.

Thanks,

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know someone was going to do an analysis on this. Anyone ever get results? I definitely wouldn't change until the temps warm up a tad out and I am not due for a change anyway.

Conor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cwatkin View Post
    Has anyone gotten a report back on the Mobil 1 0W40 European? If so, how do the wear numbers compare to any of the popular 0W20 options?

I am coming up to a change and am considering changing.

Thanks,

Conor
    I have some (0w-40 Euro, Mobile 1) sitting on a shelf in a Blackstone sample container with 10,000 relatively hard miles on it. When (if?) I send it in I will post back here. Lots of anecdotal reports suggest its quality stuff and our engine can handle the visc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am interested to see the results. I have used this oil in anything that calls for 5W30 or 10W30 but was wondering figure this would be a great summer oil in hot climates for sure. I understand it is a great oil and can be gotten for cheap! I mean with the rebates and all it is probably the price of store brand conventional oil. The Mobil 1 0W20 EP is also quite the good value when you take advantage of the rebates.

Conor

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My last city car (the smart fortwo)was powered by the diesel version of the Mirage's engine and it used Mobil 0-40. I don't see any problem with using it except for perhaps a little FE penalty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am not really worried about the 0W40 causing any harm to the engine. I figure if the wear numbers are better, I will switch. If not I will stay with the 0W20 and avoid the FE reduction. I am sure the 0W40 is better for high stress engines but I understand this engine doesn't have a lot of stress compared to others, especially a diesel.

I get 4x rebates per year on the Mobil 1 so it is as cheap as conventional, if not cheaper.

Conor