Thread: '14 Mirage DE Rough Vibration at Idle and Jolt/Clunk Under Acceleration

Country
    United States
    Thanks

'14 Mirage DE Rough Vibration at Idle and Jolt/Clunk Under Acceleration

Hi, all!

As I've come to understand, these cars have earned the nickname Mitsubishi Massager as a result of the rough 3-cylinder motor. I can attest to this; my 2014 vibrates at idle so much that the seat and steering wheel shake. Very uncomfortable. I think it's at an unacceptable level; being that I get an occasional jolt/clunk when accelerating, I suspect I have some worn mounts. 109k miles so seems likely.

I understand the motor/trans mounts were upgraded after the 2014 model year. What should I replace to smooth things out? How many mounts are there that I need to upgrade? Will newer model years bolt in?

Thanks for your input!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The clunk when accelerating maybe the transmission, it shifts into neutral when it thinks you are going to stop, if you slow down very slow then suddly give it gas it clunks as it shifts into neutral then back into drive then upshifts. Alternatively it clucks when shifting between gears one and two when you accelerate. Or for me it feels like a clunk when you are on a hill stop the car and hill start assist engages holding you in place and then the brakes automatically let go and the car lunges forward.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos