Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rattling under the car at low speed

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam - UK View Post
    Does anyone have a Rattling from under the car at low speed sounds like exhaust rattling or heat shield rattling

i have had a look under the car but cannot see where it"s coming from
    The Demo Mirage I test drove in 2014, with the blue tooth and leather wheel and the knob 5 speed manual, that thing rattled as the first thing I did when I saw the demo Mirage was watch it run and it sure was tingy from new.

Also my Mirage's heat shield is 1 of 2 car parts to fall or break off my Mirage in 5+ years of ownership since new.

The other was a back seat interior piece, the black middle plastic part where the drivetrain used to be in an old American car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was so worried that my car was gonna fall apart, because it did sound like it was gonna fall apart when it had the metal rattling noise. I had this happened to me a few times and noticed only on certain road types, not all. Like 3 days ago, I was strolling very slowly through this fancy neighborhood to admire all the nice houses, and my 15 Mirage was making this clinking rattling metal noises almost the whole time, like it was falling apart! The road was quite uneven with a lot of small bumps - not speed bumps, just poorly paved road bumps, kind of surprising in a rich neighborhood to be honest. Another time it happened was on a similar road type.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Not sure, my Mirage's 3 banger idles with some bangs and clicks sometimes. Heat shields commonly fall off or come loose.. happened to my Mirage last winter. Not sure what else that could be. Good luck and let us know what happened.

So you're liking the Mirage, besides your tire issue?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)