Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for oil filter experiences

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    may i ask if how much is the OEM oil filter there in your area.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    may i ask if how much is the OEM oil filter there in your area.
    Mitsubishi Parts Warehouse = $5.85 +$4.91 shipping
    Mitsubishi Auto Parts Direct = $6.15 + $5.25 shipping
    Factory Mitsubishi Parts = $6.00 + $10.39 shipping

That's putting the item in the cart & having shipping costs calculated (to my home in Wisconsin). Nearest Mitsubishi dealership is 65 miles from my home. I have to believe buying from dealer would be cheaper, but I have never bought an oil filter from a dealership.

From what I can tell all Mitsubishi vehicles have been using the same filter (MZ690072) since the mid-1980's.

The one exception is the 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Raider with a 3.7L /V6 engine uses a 04781452BB.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    From what I can tell all Mitsubishi vehicles have been using the same filter (MZ690072) since the mid-1980's.

The one exception is the 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Raider with a 3.7L /V6 engine uses a 04781452BB.
    Props to Mitsubishi for consistency! This is the reason I use the same filter for both the Mirage and my OS. The filter I use is listed as the filter for the 3.0V6 but it's a larger length filter than the OEM. Same base and thread so why not run a filter with some additional filtration media.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-28-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Props to Mitsubishi for consistency! This is the reason I use the same filter for both the Mirage and my OS. The filter I use is listed as the filter for the 3.0V6 but it's a larger length filter than the OEM. Same base and thread so why not run a filter with some additional filtration media.
    The 1.2L, 2.0L, 2.4L, & 3.0L (V6) all use the same oil filter.

If you bought a Fram, Mobil 1 or whatever, it the same 7317 or 110A oil filter for all models.

Oddly, Hastings/Baldwin doesn't not follow that trend even though the OEM filters are the same for all models.

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...MTIzMEExMDU%3D

Just check the list of models (vehicle fitment) and you will see all models going back to 1985.

I believe the Purolator ONE filters are larger than the OEM one, but I changed from the factory oil filter quite some time ago.
    Last edited by Mark; 08-28-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I found Mitsubishi's oil filter recommendations inconsistent. At least at the dealership level.

We were originally being sold the mitsu filter mz690072(iirc) 6 years ago. It was cheaper to use them than the wix filter at the time that was a 51356.
    A year or so ago we went to order oil filter from the usual scumbags(mitsu dealer) and they said we have been using the wrong filter...Said we'd need to use the smaller 1230a105.
    So I used that filter for a while then went to order some more and the dealer counter monkey claimed that we've been under paying for the filters for the last 6 1/2 years and wanted considerably more for them this time around. So now I use the wix filters. Now Wix calls for a 57356 instead of the 51356.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)