Thread: How's it been?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

How's it been?

Howdy!

It's been quite a while since I've posted. I used to have some time everyday to log in and read up, but promotions and life happened.

Either way, my silver mirage is still with me. I don't want to jinx it, but IIRC 60k miles and going strong.
    Only new things are:
    1. my under-engine air dam has fallen off because some dude that did my oil change didn't put the clips on right.
    2. got a set of 185/65 tires on some bottle cap 90's BMW wheels. They are definitely too tall but my brother got rid of his car and I swiped these from him for 100$ iirc. It does fill in the gap on the wheel wells and does not rub - surprisingly. Maybe I'll post a pic here later.

Other than those, nothing new. I think the plastics on the intakes are drying up as theres way more clatter under the hood. I may DIY myself an air intake just to cut down on the noise.

Oh - one tiny detail I almost missed out: I got married last Dec 30 and the wife has been driving the mirage since about May of this year. I got a hand-me-down boat in the form of a 2004 Toyo Solara. V6 and fully loaded isn't bad - minus the 260k miles it has. I will also more than likely never purchase a vehicle without push button start. The keep-it-in-your-pocket keyfob is IMO one of the best inventions since sliced bread.

I still make sure to drive the mirage at least once or twice a week. There's just so much auto tranny one can take.

Hope everyone is doing well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-07-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm new here and just bought my 2017 Mirage SE last Friday. I will admit that I was a little put off by the push button start before I bought the car. Since I bought it, the push button start has been growing on me fast. I guess what I like the most is that I can just get out of the car and lock the doors without worrying that I locked my keys in the car since the fob is always in my pocket. Might make it hard if I ever go back to a key start.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your Mirage is still going strong at 60,000 miles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    2. got a set of 185/65 tires on some bottle cap 90's BMW wheels. They are definitely too tall but my brother got rid of his car and I swiped these from him for 100$ iirc. It does fill in the gap on the wheel wells and does not rub - surprisingly. Maybe I'll post a pic here later.
    Hey Ares - good to see you check in.

Glad to hear you and your Mirage are still on the road. It would be good to see some pictures of the wheels. Hopefully you can post some up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    +1 for push button start and door openers. And if there ever is a next newish car, it will have adaptive cruise.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry for the sucky pic.
    The bottlecaps are my current daily.
    The stock 14's for long trips.
    The enkeis for looking good.

Also, the boat behind the mirage.

Attachment 10043