Myy ownership so far.
1. Smartphone Link Display Audio System - horrid radio reception and use, no HD Radio, Pyle brand could of been better, camera at times does not work since the system is too slow too boot up, never remembers or connects to last media you listen too. The stock 7 inch or 6.5 that is my 15 lancer is way better. I HATE IT!
2. Sterling wheel is weirdly placed and hurts my hands while holding it over long time. Feels like my wrists need to bend backwards, my 14 seemed different.
3. CVT is great on gas and this one is reliable but with a cost of performance. Mine acts weird when coming to a stop. At times it does disengage at times does not. Also notice lately I can notice the auxbox engaging and disengaging between 12-22MPH
4. The cruise control is insane. Going downhill does engine brake so much that slows the car 5-7 mph and when I am starting to climb does not realize the speed drop and only when I get half way up a hill starts to accelerate. At times it goes way past the speed I set it too in the above conditions. Only works great if flat land and light turns.
5. Rattles are more obvious and work quality is lower than my 14 DE. That car felt solid and sounded the same over bumps and rattles did not progress or any other developed over the time I had it.
6. MPG is low if you drive with traffic, anything else than between 38-66 will eat way more gas!
7. Brakes are better but mine on the LF makes a grind noise while in stop in go traffic, assumed its brake dust; also have a creak at times also on the LF from the spring but goes away after a wash or being lubed
8. AC is not as good as my 14 DE. That will make me shiver after 7 min in the car. I will have it checked.
9. Since I drive a lot I change cars quite often. The depreciation on this car is horrid, mine is around 7k with 23k in 5 months. The iA had 15k in 2 months and was still worth 12k as a trade in, maybe more private party. This might keep me from buy another mitsu.
1. Great MPG if driven slow off the line and kept over 38mpg in town and bellow 66 on the FWY. I managed 46mpg doing 63 on cruise
2. Its very roomy. I could nap in the back, and I am 5.9(1.76m)
3. Better paint than the 14 DE I had
4. Handles great, and with better wheels/tires could match the 17 iA I had.
6. The upgraded brakes are amazing and the bite it has is excellent.
1. chair or floor armrest should be standard. In other continents its not such a big deal but here it is.
2. change the Smartphone Link Display Audio System, its not ready for use
3. Pass-thru should of been standard for the 17 model, and in 18 they should of put folding down seats
4. standard cruise that works normally
The press is right about the acceleration with the CVT, but I think Mitsu did it this way to make it reliable, and I am ok with it. Please change the tires, most of the idiot reviewers and new customers that complain of the ride and noise its from them(the 14 inch). The Mirage/G4 are great cars but Mitsu needs to make them a tad more competitive. Add a taller 5 spd or a 6 spd. Maybe a 1.5L and some wider wheel/tires for a sport model. Have a different pricing structure, since most people dont know much about rebates and dealer kickbacksand think they are overpriced without the discounts.
Will I get another G4? Maybe, but might go for the hatch, and white, not silver. I am also considering a new Camry Hybrid in a few years since it gets similar MPG and its way more car. I may consider a Corolla/Corolla Hatch for the parts and support of the aftermarket. To me is not the cost of the car but the MPG, since I drive around 36-40k/yr.
That's all folks
PS: sorry for my writing skills, I work in IT not creative industry:-)