Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mirage stolen & recovered!

"I never should have bought this car..."

That's something else the owner of this Mirage told me.

I was shocked when she said it.... until she explained why: The nearest dealership is 100 km (~60 mi.) away in Ottawa, so getting Mitsu-specific service is a pain in the butt. (She bought the car before she knew she would be moving from Ottawa to here.)

Which makes me respect the forum members who liked the Mirage so much, they went the distance to get one because they had no local dealers.

Maybe I should start a thread about "long-distance owners" and whether they have any regrets.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-01-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove 300mi for our 2 mirages but I do have a mitsu dealer in town, they just never stock mirages

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

I was shocked when she said it.... until she explained why: The nearest dealership is 100 km (~60 mi.) away in Ottawa, so getting Mitsu-specific service is a pain in the butt. (She bought the car before she knew she would be moving here from Ottawa.)

Which makes me respect the forum members who liked the Mirage so much, they went the distance to get one because they had no local dealers.

Maybe I should start a thread about "long-distance owners" and whether they have any regrets.
    She could just go to a local shop and keep her receipts for regular maintenance work. I see no need to get any work done at the dealership unless it's something that is going to be covered under warranty. And the chances of that are slim.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove over 100 miles to get my 5 speed Mirage SE. There are Mitsubishi dealers closer to me but they didn't have any manuals in stock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I drove from Vancouver to Edmonton to get my F250. In the middle of winter. Luckily my Mirage was much closer.

p.s. Love the green Mirages!
    2014 White SE with CVT

I just saw the owner of this Mirage in the grocery store parking lot.

She said "no apparent damage" uncovered in the post-incident inspection.

---

On an unrelated note, I happened to notice she's running Bridgestone Potenza RE92's tires on her Mirage (in the stock size). These are the tires that were original equipment on the 1st gen Honda Insight, and they have amazingly low rolling resistance properties (not sure if better than the Ensaves though). I asked if she'd let me know when she's going to replace them because her used tires would come in handy in my low-usage fleet and I'd buy them -- she doesn't run her tires down to the wear bars before replacement. She said sure thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Did you ask why she would leave her keys in the car? I'd never do that
    I'm embarrassed to admit I not only left the keys in the ignition, but the drivers door was wide open and the interior lights left on my Saturn this past summer before I had my Mirage.

I was carrying in tons of stuff from the car when I got sidetracked with a long phone call after I got in the house with the last of it. It's interesting that nobody took the car, or anything else that was in it while it sat overnight. Yet....earlier in the summer my contractor said his trailer was broken into while parked in my drive and all his Dewalt power tools were swiped.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

I was shocked when she said it.... until she explained why: The nearest dealership is 100 km (~60 mi.) away in Ottawa, so getting Mitsu-specific service is a pain in the butt. (She bought the car before she knew she would be moving from Ottawa to here.)

But she would get service from Bank St. Mits, who I bought my '14 from in '16. They were fantastic to deal with and politely have followed up with me since regarding service and satisfaction. They are part of the Dilwari group so they sell Kia, Hyundai and Chrysler among others. Some hate them, I don't.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I'm embarrassed to admit I not only left the keys in the ignition, but the drivers door was wide open and the interior lights left on my Saturn this past summer before I had my Mirage.
    Ha!

I left the key in the ignition of my crappy Miata THREE TIMES this summer. I have no idea what it is about that car that makes me so forgetful. I haven't done that with my other cars.

But she would get service from Bank St. Mits,
    I think she does, but it's a 200km round trip. Not super convenient unless you're already going to Ottawa for some other reason.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't live in the city anymore, but the something has stuck with me is the habit of making sure my car is locked.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)