Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Mitsubishi North America... are you listening?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hey Mitsubishi North America... are you listening?

OK, I have no doubts that Mitsubishi reps are scouring the web for info from owners/fans such as this place...

So far, the launch in North America has been VERY quiet. I have not seen any ads here in Quebec on TV or in newspapers. I happened to come across the Mitsubishi Mirage a few months ago when MetroMPG said he opened a new forum for what seems to be the spiritual cousin of the Geo Metro. And that, got me super interested. A 4-door GEO metro with an updated look and updated technology. AWESOME! Exactly what I was looking for...

Now, as much as I'm interested in purchasing the Mirage, I am going to wait. Incentives are not there, interest rates are high, etc, etc...

So what would make me buy one?

1) Purchasing incentive
    2) Interest rate

3) Geek appeal.

This car is a breathe of fresh air in the right direction compared to every other offering we see from other manufacturers.

Nobody would buy this car to "FLASH". Most people would buy this car to save money. A 10 years warranty on the drivetrain is great and the fuel consumption is on par with a hybrid. EXCELLENT! But us geeks know that there can be more. Such as a 6th speed or taller 5th gear. (or perhaps an option to have a taller 5th gear installed so that the engine RPM can be at it's sweet spot when driving at 100 KM/h). Call it perhaps the Mitsubishi Mirage ECO (seems to be the standard name badge manufacturers put on their cars these days). Also, the start/stop option that other countries have would be great for people driving around in the city. This would make it more envious to people and create a cult following (such as the Geo Metro). And having a cult following is a great thing! I think the Geo Metro got the cult status after it was discontinued, so that never helped sales.

We want these cars to be a success and very plentiful. So let's get cracking and see if we, this forum can help!

But, honestly, marketing has to be better if you want to sell these cars here. I've been talking to a lot of people and none of them have heard about the Mitsubishi Mirage. I have to give them the facts and figures to get them excited.

Just my 2 cents,

MirageMPG

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi in general!!... are you listening?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi of Canada is controled under the Mitsubishi Motors Japan. And in the US there are no sales yet. However , your right.

I think we'll see more marketing after the US launch.

And I agree - I hope we can use this forum to encourage Mitsu to offer us a better (more efficient) manual transmission option.

(Among other things...)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The main feature of the new Mirage is the bright colors. I checked some dealers in SoCal and they received only gray and silver cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    stop & go would make me buy one. as is I'm waiting till next year

I do my own engine stop 'n' go, so I wouldn't let it prevent me from choosing a car. (I know, I know... we've had this conversation already. Not picking on you.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    well you'de get out and hand crank start the engine if it saved you gas

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    any tentative date available in US? once it penetrate US, the world will notice it.. hahaa..

Cheezy: They say "October". Tomorrow is October. Soon, soon...

---

Quote Originally Posted by kalifornia View Post
    well you'de get out and hand crank start the engine if it saved you gas
    Nah, the crank adds weight. Just push the car, hop in and pop the clutch. It's light enough to do that