Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 6th Gen Mirage: Tuner/Power Programmer/ECU/Piggyback. Where are we now?

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrush View Post
    Hey Fit, did you install your cams? Where is this guy located? What software is required? What hardware? And by remote tuning, does that mean each remap is specific to the vehicle? How much is the flash? Yatah yatah yatah...
    Not yet Q for the cams.
    This guy is located in Singapore. Gary’s Engineering. They are on Facebook too.
    I have no idea what software he used. He said he and his partner developed this software on their own. Like I said previously, there’s only 2 of this software btw him and his partner.

Now that he has a map of my vehicle, he can load this map to any
    Mirage/ Attrage and have the same feel as mine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    An ecu flash, however it comes, is likely our best bet for now. If we could get some more information from Gary's, maybe we could be onto something.

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Just did a video on my 0-100kmh timing with an all stock car but with the ECU reflash.
    I didn’t get any good timings before it was flashed as I was using some acceleration apps which I can say are proven useless.
    https://youtu.be/ntK8Q768FSA

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fit View Post
    Just did a video on my 0-100kmh timing with an all stock car but with the ECU reflash.
    I didn’t get any good timings before it was flashed as I was using some acceleration apps which I can say are proven useless.
    https://youtu.be/ntK8Q768FSA
    Even without the timing, I'm really digging how it basically climbs to 5000RPM and sticks there. My '17 will climb right past that to about 5700-6000 which I think is just beyond the torque curve I've seen posted here. How does it pace itself when you're just accelerating lightly? Also do you have the weird lul in acceleration when it shifts from low to high gear around 70KM/H?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    I find that after the reflash it drives and picks up much better at low speeds and in traffic. Thats a good way to describe it.. a lul in acceleration. Yes its still there.

I guess your 17 is a manual?

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nope, CVT (I wish the GT was offered in 5MT!). I'm not a huge fan of how long the shift is between low and high gear, specially if you're just cruising up to speed. That and the Idle Neutral Logic gives that "bucking" effect if you're very light on the brake when you come to a stop or are creeping forward in traffic. I want to believe the CVT isn't a bad transmission, it just suffers from poor/lazy programming.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I find that after the reflash it drives and picks up much better at low speeds and in traffic. Thats a good way to describe it.. a lul in acceleration. Yes its still there.

Another thread revival.. any updates??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really need to log in here more often.

So, I've been tweaking my cold/ram air intake a bit to try to generate a bit of positive pressure to help with mountain driving, and found out things about the car I didn't previously know.

I played around with my UltraGauge some and found it actually does give readings for MAP (on a US model 2014 5 speed), and it seems accurate. It gives about 14.6 PSI when the car is off, which is correct for atmospheric pressure, depending on elevation. It also gives readings for "Wideband Bank 1 O2 λ," when I thought the car only had a narrow band O2 sensor, but these DO in fact come with wideband sensors!

While driving, I can get the MAP to show near zero vacuum with as little as 60% throttle at highway speeds, so I'm wondering if I need to have the fuel maps changed. However, since I just discovered the AFR gauge a few minutes ago, I haven't driven it yet to see if it does in fact need a tune, but I'll be driving for a couple hours here in a bit.

That being said, I still do want to get it tuned to get the MIVEC to close off the valve overlap at a lower RPM to make it easier to climb hills, so I'm hoping to find out what tuning options exist for US market cars without breaking the $1000 mark. I know preset tunes exist in the Philippines, and you guys over there have done some amazing work.

Update: According to the O2 sensor readings, it's actually running rich at WOT at about the proper AFR for maximum power, somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.86.

So, it doesn't really look like I need to mess with it much, actually.

Name:  IMG_20211003_103059070.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  92.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20211003_103128486_1.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  91.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20211003_113946248.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  91.5 KB
    Last edited by Cani Lupine; 10-07-2021 at 09:42 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Correction, I must have been dyslexic with the numbers and not paying attention.

The lambda on my car only goes as low as 0.893, and that's with both the OEM and a Denso replacement. Just took another look at the pictures I took.

It was commanding some really rich numbers, but the reported sensor lambda refused to move. I'm not sure if it's a sensor issue, or if I maxed out the fuel injectors.

Name:  IMG_20211003_132824898.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  82.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)