Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snow (or... how are you prepping your Mirage for winter?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nickels, Can i ask why your driving the mirage and not the jeep in the snow?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Nickels, Can i ask why your driving the mirage and not the jeep in the snow?
    325 wide Mud Terrains versus 165 wide dedicated snow tires.
    Mirage has a LONGER wheelbase, and stability/traction control (doesn’t matter for me but does for wife)
    5l/100 vs 16l/100
    Don’t get soaked in the Mirage
    Mirage is warmer
    Mirage handles significantly better on ice (combo of 1/3rd the weight, longer wheelbase especially in ratio to track width, proper tires)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (11-29-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    325 wide Mud Terrains versus 165 wide dedicated snow tires.
    Mirage has a LONGER wheelbase, and stability/traction control (doesn’t matter for me but does for wife)
    5l/100 vs 16l/100
    Don’t get soaked in the Mirage
    Mirage is warmer
    Mirage handles significantly better on ice (combo of 1/3rd the weight, longer wheelbase especially in ratio to track width, proper tires)
    Fair enough.

I can see how the mirage would be 'easier' to drive for sure.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I spray paint a lot of the underbody components with rust resistant paint in summer, then i apply anti-rust oil compound in various area too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What is a Block Heater Cord? I couldn’t find it in my manual?
    Oh my little 2015 is great in the snow here in Boston 8” and plowing through even pushed a guys sedan so he get to the end of the one way street. I have been Ubering on past everyone getting stuck�� except going down a steep hill! I started to get sideways pulled the emergency brake gently to straighten out once then again for a second time wooo! What an experience! I just got new tires way before the snow started 175/15 Goodyear Integrity because he didn’t have the stock 14. My car takes 8.50 gallons with gentle squeeze of the pump. $25 of Mobile $2.93 a gal. About to buy some oil and antifreeze. Oh I noticed my right tail light is out how easy is it to replace?
    Last edited by newagetomboy; 01-06-2018 at 09:43 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to newagetomboy For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-06-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newagetomboy View Post
    What is a Block Heater Cord? I couldn’t find it in my manual?
    The block heater is a device installed to heat the motor before startup. Most Mirages sold in the US market did not come with one from the dealer unless the buyer/owner asked one be installed.

An internal-combustion engine started cold experiences more wear & tear. Plus the engine is most efficient when operating at full temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by newagetomboy View Post
    Oh my little 2015 is great in the snow here in Boston 8” and plowing through even pushed a guys sedan so he get to the end of the one way street. I have been Ubering on past everyone getting stuck�� except going down a steep hill! I started to get sideways pulled the emergency brake gently to straighten out once then again for a second time wooo! What an experience! I just got new tires way before the snow started 175/15 Goodyear Integrity because he didn’t have the stock 14. My car takes 8.50 gallons with gentle squeeze of the pump. $25 of Mobile $2.93 a gal. About to buy some oil and antifreeze. Oh I noticed my right tail light is out how easy is it to replace?
    I'm glad to hear you rescued your Mirage, rebuilt it and are now enjoying it. Be sure to keep us updated.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)