Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage Automatic cvt 1.0 2013

Country
    Ireland
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mitsubishi Mirage Automatic cvt 1.0 2013

Hi all, I just bought Mirage 2013 automatic 1.0. Japanese import. Unfortunately someone try to steal it! Broke the ignition barrel😢
    I live in Ireland Mitsubishi said they can order one for me so IÂ’m left on my own!!

Any help would be deeply appreciated guys

Quote Originally Posted by sabhawe View Post
    Hi all, I just bought Mirage 2013 automatic 1.0. Japanese import. Unfortunately someone try to steal it! Broke the ignition barrel��
    I live in Ireland Mitsubishi said they can order one for me so IÂ’m left on my own!!

Any help would be deeply appreciated guys
    Does your car have a transponder key? I assume they all do. Post a pic so we can see what exactly is broken.
    Does your car have a steering wheel lock? As in does the steering wheel lock when you remove the key and turn the wheel. If not, if the traponder reader ring is okay(assuming you have a transponder key), you could just remove the actual ignition switch from behind the tumbler, and turn it with a screwdriver and hold the transponder inside the ring. I believe the transponder is only read when the car is started, once it's running you should be able to move it.

Or, google megazip or try this one https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genu...n=&f_year=2013
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Thank you for your reply deeply appreciated. I will add some pictures. And to answer your questions yes the steering wheel locks when you take the key out. But I don’t think it has mobiliser because I can stick screw driver through the barrel and start the car even if the key is on the passenger seat!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sabhawe For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-19-2023)

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    Sorry I’m new to this forum. How can I add or attach pictures?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    On a desktop computer above where you type posts there is a little picture icon you can click to attach pictures. If the ignition was broken why didnt they take the car?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Ireland
    Thanks
    They toke it and crashed it!! So they had to leave it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sabhawe For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-29-2023)