Page 63 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    You mean the 'Color Line' option? It is already available here...but it is an $800 option.
    Cobrajet no actually ha... I came across somewhere Mirages with like a full black roof, and then the whole body white. Not "pinstripes" colouring like the 'colour line' option you're pointing out.

Can't find a reference for it, though... and I have to say, the black Mirage with orange colour line pinstripe accents looks super sharp, very retro, Ralliart-esque.

Last edited by dspace9; 11-04-2018 at 02:27 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Overall for the company:

https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...eptember-sales

260 Mirages sold
    in the Great White North last month.

That's its best month this year, and is a 16% gain vs. last September. But year over year sales are still well below 2017.

The Mirage's Canadian competitors: Nissan moved 368 Micras, down 60% from Sept 2017. No numbers for the Spark yet, but it has outsold the Micra for the previous 5 months. That's a big upset for Nissan, which has ruled the "city car" sales roost since its arrival in 2014 as a 2015 model.
    Perhaps everyone is tapped out. Interest rates are up and many who bought into the real estate bubble are starting to feel the burn on mortgage renewal (American readers: Canadians have to renew every five years).
    2014 White SE with CVT

Higher rates will be pinching people's cash flow.

In which case, you'd think people might opt for a less expensive car... which should help sales of entry level vehicles, no?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    US: another decent month south of the 49th...

1730 Mirages sold (compared to 1768 last October). That means the car is still on track for another year-over-year increase in sales if it holds through Nov/Dec.

The company did well overall:

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...up-8-4-percent

----

Canada: 188 Mirages sold.

That's not so great - 3rd lowest month this year. Last Oct was 208.

Overall, the Canadian arm had a down month:

https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...-october-sales
    For comparison's sake:

October Mirage Sales: 1,730
    October Yaris Sales: 1,455 (and yes, that includes both hatch and Yaris iA sales)
    Mirage is outselling Yaris by 17.3%.

Yaris has outsold the Mirage year to date thus far (21,046 vs 24,521). Figures are for US sales.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-05-2018)

That is shocking to me. Toyota has vastly more dealers than Mitsu, and should be able to sell Yari with its eyes closed.

I'd like to know how many each company is selling to commercial (ie. rental fleet) customers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is shocking to me. Toyota has vastly more dealers than Mitsu, and should be able to sell Yari with its eyes closed.

I'd like to know how many each company is selling to commercial (ie. rental fleet) customers.
    The Mirage is cheaper and better equipped than the Yaris...especially if you are looking for the phone integration (CarPlay/Auto).

I never got the impression that the Yaris was a huge seller for Toyota in the US.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

As a former Yaris owner, I don't much care for the style of the newer ones. Perhaps others feel the same.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I still have my 2007 Yaris I bought new in '07. It's been a great car. However, Toyota could give a rip about selling Yaris these days. They probably have it now for CAFE standards. Zero marketing, zero investment. It's still rocking the 1NZ-FE that originally debuted in 2000 in the Echo. Now that being said, it's be a fantastic vehicle for us, but it's absolutely the bottom of the rung in terms of sales priorities for the Big T. Mine is a lot of fun to drive with the mods and such, but I don't think I've seen a facelifted 2018 Yaris in the wild. Plus, in the Pacific Northwest region, it's nearly impossible to find a five-door with the 5MT. You'd think, however, that as big as Toyota is, they'd simply sell more by default. They probably make more cash off of the Prius c, and for not much more coin, you can get into a larger Corolla.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Zero marketing, zero investment. It's still rocking the 1NZ-FE that originally debuted in 2000 in the Echo.
    This is pretty sad. They have much better engines developed. The NR engine family has such cool technology in it like being able to run Atkinson and Miller cycles, multiple zone cooling systems for faster warm up, piston and ring coating technology, exhaust heat exchanger for faster warm up, smart alternator, head integrated exhaust manifold, and more.

I imagine they won't put it in the US Yaris (it is used in Europe) because they have to keep the price as low as possible to compete. Like you said, just a bit more and you get a Corolla. And, they don't want to cannibalize sales of larger more profitable vehicles like the Prius. What if the Yaris got 50 mpg on the highway? You'd definitely loose sales from the Corolla and Prius.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    This is pretty sad. They have much better engines developed. The NR engine family has such cool technology in it like being able to run Atkinson and Miller cycles, multiple zone cooling systems for faster warm up, piston and ring coating technology, exhaust heat exchanger for faster warm up, smart alternator, head integrated exhaust manifold, and more.

I imagine they won't put it in the US Yaris (it is used in Europe) because they have to keep the price as low as possible to compete. Like you said, just a bit more and you get a Corolla. And, they don't want to cannibalize sales of larger more profitable vehicles like the Prius. What if the Yaris got 50 mpg on the highway? You'd definitely loose sales from the Corolla and Prius.
    At least the 1NR-FE in the iQ has issues with carbon buildup because of direct injection...

When's the last time Toyota had a new engine in say, the Corolla either? Toyota doesn't seem to introduce new engines very often.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)