Page 66 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

December sales, Canada

Great month for the company overall:

Mitsubishi Motors’ 25,237 vehicle sales in 2018 represented the company’s best-ever annual performance in Canada. Surpassing last year’s record year, the company achieved an 11 per cent increase over 2017 aided by the launch of the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, which quickly became Canada’s No. 1 plug-in hybrid SUV.

Last month’s sales of 1,643 was up 28 per cent from last December.
    From: https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...est-sales-ever

But the Mirage story in Canada is quite different from the U.S, with sales north of the 49th declining each year since its first full year:

Name:  mirage-sales-canada-graph.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  28.7 KB

164 Mirages sold in Canada last month, well below its 2018 average of 196.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Great month for the company overall:

From: https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...est-sales-ever

But the Mirage story in Canada is quite different from the U.S, with sales north of the 49th declining each year since its first full year:

Name:  mirage-sales-canada-graph.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  28.7 KB

164 Mirages sold in Canada last month, well below its 2018 average of 196.
    Are Canadians following US trends of vehicle upsizing?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

I've read that on a per capita basis, we're buying more trucks and SUVs than Americans.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I've read that on a per capita basis, we're buying more trucks and SUVs than Americans.
    If that is true & Mirage sales are so poor, what is preventing Mitsubishi from bringing the L200 pickup truck to Canada?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Lots of things I bet. Emissions testing that probably costs a lot. As you can see from the sales numbers, Canada doesn't buy THAT many vehicles compared to other places. Might not be good bang for buck for Mitsu.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

It's pretty rare for Canada to sell a car that the U.S. doesn't, but it happens once in a while. A few I can think of:

- 1st gen Smart Fortwo (the diesel one)
    - Nissan Micra (K13 version - still on sale)
    - Mercedes B class (compact hatchback... might be available in the States now, but wasn't at first)
    - Chevy Orlando (compact "crossover")
    - Kia Rondo (compact "crossover" that was cancelled in the States years ago)
    - Hyundai Accent hatchback (sedan only in US)

Interestingly, it's mostly subcompact & compact cars.

Also interesting: even though we buy more trucks & SUV's per capita, we also buy more subcompacts per capita, and that's true for the Mirage too. Canadian Mirage sales have been dropping, but we still bought more than the U.S. on a per capita basis every year except for 2018.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I hope they don't end up pulling it from our market. I guess that if they do, I will finally go electric. I have a work truck but as far as cars go, I never want to go back to something that burns more gas than my mirage.
    2014 White SE with CVT

9. The Following User Says Thank You to El Kapitan For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-10-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    I hope they don't end up pulling it from our market. I guess that if they do, I will finally go electric. I have a work truck but as far as cars go, I never want to go back to something that burns more gas than my mirage.
    I live in Ontario and just have my Mirage to my name, and forklift trucks at work that I can't take home lol. 2 of my 3 forklifts are electric and for forklifts electric is like nothing new and like 1/3 or more of the market today it's electric like indoor trucks are the norm, people may or may not realize this.

But for practical purposes for my commute to work, and I live near the great lakes, and then not far from notoriously snowy Buffalo, so I am considering a truck.

Not sure what have you seen that electric truck from Michigan? Brand name starts with a letter R I believe. fits a 6 x 13' no problem or something similar eh

Rivian. That's the name thanks google
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-10-2019 at 07:19 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-10-2019),El Kapitan (01-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

another one bites the dust!

If you search "the worst new car to buy in America" on youtube.com, Doug Demuro's lame clip on the Mirage comes up first ("The Mitsubishi Mirage Is the Worst New Car You Can Buy").

Even though I like small cars, I must admit sensing some satisfaction when I see another U.S. small car dropping out of the market. GM has recently added the "Sonic" to its list of dropped cars.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/9ca7...eportedly.html

Small cars are disappearing one after another. Yet, the Mirage is still chugging along!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-20-2019),MetroMPG (01-20-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    the worst car you can buy.... if you like spending money on gas...

2014 White SE with CVT