Page 69 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

June, US

2505 Mirages sold last month, vs. 2483 last June.

YTD sales are now: 12,901 for 2019 vs. 13,185 for the same period last year.

https://media.mitsubishicars.com/rel...une-2019-sales

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Not too bad at all for the Mirage. Within a couple of hundred sales from last year and a better June, be interesting to see if the trend continues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    YTD overall sales are up 5.6%, too! Keep the momentum!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    We are just one crisis, in the middle east, away from gas prices spiking. That should escalate Mirage sales numbers. Bwahahaha (James Bond villian laugh) lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Personally, I think Mitsubishi is still suffering from an identity crisis in the United States. They need unique products to gain attention again. The Eclipse Cross is not that vehicle, but it may have taken some of the Outlander Sport sales?

I came across this forum thread a couple days ago, & it made me realize Mitsubishi has a long ways to go. This thread talks as if Mitsubishi vehicles doesn't exist. "My friend has a Mitsubishi TV. My first phone was a Mitsubishi." Some people are clueless that Mitsubishi still exists.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...icles.3979069/

The market is so ripe for an affordable small pickup truck. If I was in charge of an automotive company, I would find a way around the "chicken tax" & make that happen.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.79254d320390

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The market is so ripe for an affordable small pickup truck. If I was in charge of an automotive company, I would find a way around the "chicken tax" & make that happen.
    Why couldn't they do final assembly in Puerto Rico which would avoid all "chicken tax" issues?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Personally, I think Mitsubishi is still suffering from an identity crisis in the United States. They need unique products to gain attention again. The Eclipse Cross is not that vehicle, but it may have taken some of the Outlander Sport sales?

I came across this forum thread a couple days ago, & it made me realize Mitsubishi has a long ways to go. This thread talks as if Mitsubishi vehicles doesn't exist. "My friend has a Mitsubishi TV. My first phone was a Mitsubishi." Some people are clueless that Mitsubishi still exists.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...icles.3979069/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.79254d320390
    Mitsubishi Shogun was a fantastic name. Mitsubishi can snare alot of younger buyers with playing up to its samurai heritage. Anime is huge in states for millenials, thats an angle I would play if I was doing marketing for Mitsubishi.
    Mitsubishi Katana = small cuv like a Nissan Kicks
    Mitsubishi Ronin = hybrid suv
    Mitsubishi Kamikaze = new version of the 3000 GT

"The Divine Wind of a Mitsubishi" new slogan

Im telling you 29 year old fan boys would eat this sheeeeit up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik
    Why couldn't they do final assembly in Puerto Rico which would avoid all "chicken tax" issues?
    Has Puerto Ricos never ending power outage ever get fixed? That would be my first guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    I have I 29 year old friend who's a big fan of anime. I can confirm that he likes that I got a Japenese car, even if it doesn't have a Japenese model name.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Mitsubishi Shogun was a fantastic name. Mitsubishi can snare alot of younger buyers with playing up to its samurai heritage. Anime is huge in states for millenials, thats an angle I would play if I was doing marketing for Mitsubishi.
    Mitsubishi Katana = small cuv like a Nissan Kicks
    Mitsubishi Ronin = hybrid suv
    Mitsubishi Kamikaze = new version of the 3000 GT

"The Divine Wind of a Mitsubishi" new slogan

I am not a millennial, but it's interesting to hear what is important to them.

The price of new vehicles is not in line with the present economy. Even though the economy is somewhat up, the price of new vehicles is way out of line. Chevy is going to offer an $100,000 luxury pickup truck this coming year, & they are proud of that?

The automotive industry should take note of this -

"Average age of vehicles on U.S. roads hits 11.8 years. That's up from a light-vehicle population that was, on average,11.7 years old in 2018. The number of registered light vehicles in operation in the U.S. hit a record of more than 278 million this year, an increase of more than 5.9 million, or 2.2 percent."

I believe the greed of the automotive industry is cutting their own throats. Having to finance a new vehicle for 6-7 years (72-84 months) is ridiculous! I don't mean to sound judgmental in saying that, but it's such a waste of money! I can't imagine making huge payments on a vehicle for 6-7 years. When you finally have it paid off, what do have left? You probably don't have much save up for the next vehicle and your present one isn't worth much!

A typical vehicle depreciates 20% the first year and 10%/year after that. If you took 7 years to pay off a vehicle, it would lose 80% of its value in the meantime. Then factor in all the interest that paid over all that time.

Keep in mind, many people who take 6-7 years to pay off a new vehicle are probably not shopping for another car. During that time, they are throwing money at a car that just depreciates & meanwhile the price of vehicles continue to rise. When it is all done, their car buying situation may be even worst. Getting a better job or winning the lottery may help!

It's no wonder 11.8 (almost 12 years) is the average age of vehicles on U.S. roads!

Adding automatic climate control to a Mirage is a - who cares? Seriously, does anyone really think that is going to lure more customers into Mitsubishi showrooms? If Mitsubishi would have offered a more basic version of the Mirage for less money, I would have been impressed by that! The Mirage is a cheap, reliable, economy car. Adding more junk to it just makes it a more expensive, reliable economy car. I became interested in the Mirage when I found out I could buy a new one for less than 66% window sticker. Options - I could care less!

Offer new vehicles the average American can afford to buy or finance at a reasonable rate. The vehicles that my dad, brother, & I have bought in recent years had to be financed to get the best deal. Paying cash would have cost many thousands more in some cases. There is something seriously wrong with that! Car are money pits, not investments.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The new Mitsubishi Mighty Max pickup truck (just dreaming, not reality) should have been built here!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.wglt.org/post/plant-find...rkers#stream/0

The idiots had the plant already!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-08-2019)