Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Ha! I'm sure they're losing sleep due to all the cognitive dissonance!

Metro... I think it went from 86 to 01 on 3 designs, though the last redesign was arguably mostly a cosmetic makeover.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Metro... I think it went from 86 to 01 on 3 designs, though the last redesign was arguably mostly a cosmetic makeover.
    And doesn’t Suzuki still market it's successor?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, but it's an unrelated car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Year-to-date Mirage sales are up 9.6% vs. 2018.
    Now solidly on track for the 5th straight year of annual sales increases for the Mirage. Because it's a terrible car.

As always, though, I wonder how much is retail and how much is going to rental fleets.

The Canadian market moved 146 Mirages
    Boo... that's only a few units more than this year's worst month (Jan.)

Changes in Canada: Spark is now winning

Last quarter, something interesting happened in Canada: the Spark overtook the Micra as the best-selling "city car". That's the first time it's happened since the Micra arrived in 2014 to battle (dominate) the segment. The Mirage is getting clobbered.

YTD sales, Jan-Sept:

5333 - Spark
    4933 - Micra
    1904 - Mirage

For those who don't remember, these 3 cars are duking it out north of the 49th with starting prices around $10k (for a stripper model with manual trans, no AC, and wind-up windows).

In the States, the Spark is trailing the Mirage in YTD sales, but not by far.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Now solidly on track for the 5th straight year of annual sales increases for the Mirage. Because it's a terrible car.

As always, though, I wonder how much is retail and how much is going to rental fleets.

Boo... that's only a few units more than this year's worst month (Jan.)
    I spoke with Jeremy Barnes, Communications Director for Mitsubishi Motors about why the Mirage sells so well, and he simply said it's proof there's a demand for an honest-to-goodness small car.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-03-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I spoke with Jeremy Barnes, Communications Director for Mitsubishi Motors about why the Mirage sells so well, and he simply said it's proof there's a demand for an honest-to-goodness small car.
    Did you ask him why parts are insanely expensive considering they've sold 150k units since 2014 in North America? lol I kid. But would of loved to of heard his answer.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Did you ask him why parts are insanely expensive considering they've sold 150k units since 2014 in North America? lol I kid. But would of loved to of heard his answer.
    I'm sure he wouldn't know or be the person to ask.

I wonder what other car models have followed the Mirage's US sales trajectory. The normal pattern is a sales peak in the 1st or 2nd year after a new model comes out, and then a decline until the next generation.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Last quarter, something interesting happened in Canada: the Spark overtook the Micra as the best-selling "city car". That's the first time it's happened since the Micra arrived in 2014 to battle (dominate) the segment. The Mirage is getting clobbered.

YTD sales, Jan-Sept:

5333 - Spark
    4933 - Micra
    1904 - Mirage

For those who don't remember, these 3 cars are duking it out north of the 49th with starting prices around $10k (for a stripper model with manual trans, no AC, and wind-up windows).

In the States, the Spark is trailing the Mirage in YTD sales, but not by far.
    Unless the Spark has seen significant changes from the 2017 model year I wonder why it's sales have jumped? I'll admit the Spark has nicer trim and interior but it's not as comfortable nor anywhere near as thrifty as a Mirage. I drove a Spark to Ottawa to get my Mirage then drove the Mirage home. The Mirage was easily more comfortable with less fatigue. The next closest rental to the Mirage for comfort, thrift and features was the Versa Note. The Fiat, Accent, Excel,

Perhaps the rentals houses have gone Spark crazy. In 2014 ('15?) I had a Mirage more than once renting from Enterprise. Even though I specified a Mirage in future bookings (2016-) I never had another one from them. I suspect GM cut the rental houses a great deal or perhaps the Nissan financial scandal kept the rental houses away.

From what I read all Sparks except for Canadian get AC standard. We really do get shafted on many goods simply because we're Canadian.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)