Page 76 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Sad, Ive never tried poutine over fries.

I wouldn’t say they’re expensive but somethings are overpriced. You don’t put poutine over fries, poutine is gravy and cheese curds over fries. You gotta try a donair poutine!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-05-2019)

Prime rib poutine with gravy left over from the Sunday roast.... mmmmmmm.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-05-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I wouldn’t say they’re expensive but somethings are overpriced. You don’t put poutine over fries, poutine is gravy and cheese curds over fries. You gotta try a donair poutine!
    Whats donair poutine?

Sounds bad but tastes good. Poutine(fries,gravy,cheese), donair meat and sauce.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Whats donair poutine?
    I had to look it up because I was too impatient to wait for a reply.

Sounds like a fun dish.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    111 Mirages sold.

C'MON CANADA!! How the heck am I supposed to find me a 2019 Mirage for $2500 in 5 years if y'aren't buying enough of them??

--
    Coming up on five years now for mine. Still too happy with it to get rid of it though.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Ive heard Tim Horton's is much better than Dunkin Doughnuts. I want to try it so bad! I have a fascination with restaurant chains that popular in other countries, weird I know. Fummins you ever smash a baker's dozen at the Tim?
    Meh, the quality of the food has dropped off a little in recent years. They still do a decent apple fritter though.
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    Meh, the quality of the food has dropped off a little in recent years. They still do a decent apple fritter though.
    Not that long ago every Tim Horton's had a baker and a complete bakery in back. There was no such thing as a kiosk type operation. Every day from midnight to 8am the baker would scratch mix dough and bake the doughnuts in the large ovens. If you hung out at a Tim's in the wee hours you would see the baker bringing out trays of fresh donuts every few minutes. The smell!!!! Oh, the smell of fresh donuts was killer!!! I'd sit there for hours just to take in the smell.

Sometime around 2000, maybe later, head office decided the donuts would be partially cooked at the Oakville location and shipped to the stores for final flash cooking. IDK the reason for this. Probably to eliminate the baker as now there was no need to mix dough and whatnot. The bakers were fairly well paid AFAIK so the store owners were probably jumping with joy reducing overhead.

The partially cooked crap was atrocious. I immediately noticed the difference in the donuts and at first put it down to the individual store. When donuts from other stores tasted equally horrible I stopped eating them. I learned about this from watching a show on TV about the chain.

Something happened to the coffee about the same time. It tasted like dishwater, horrible weak crap. I stopped buying anything from the chain. The lousy coffee persisted for several years, so I was told, and then head office decided to bring back the original brew, or something close, I tried a coffee a few years ago and it was better.

The chain overall is crap compared to what they were some 40 years ago. As a young adult I'd hang out there after the bars closed and people watch. It was also a great time to meet girls as they were talkative and all happy. Tim's WAS the central meeting place on Friday and Saturday nights. Come to think of it, you didn't need to wait until midnight, there were regulars that went to Tim's around 9 ish and spent the evening there, socializing. This was back when smoking was still allowed inside and, dear dog, you couldn't see across the room the smoke was so thick. People went outside to get fresh air. I was a college prof in that era and was amazed to see so many college staff hanging out there. The same staff hung out there from 1pm onward so I always wondered what the hell their hours were or if they were skipping out of work.

This lasted maybe a decade, from the early 90's to the early 00's. More large Tim's opened up so there wasn't a central location anymore, the regular crowd grew older, smoking was cracked down on, the internet I'm sure kept people home at nights addicted to their computers.

I've lots of fond memories of that time, I met a lot of interesting people, always had somewhere to go on a weekend night, generally just enjoyed the fact that people had so much fun interacting with each other. You'll never see anything like that again. Another era closes.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (12-09-2019),MetroMPG (12-10-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It would have been nice to have known it back in those times.

2014 White SE with CVT