Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,197 of 1197

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It likely also has to do in part with the still-pretty-bad used car market, especially for "newer" used cars. It seems the days of getting anything that runs well for under $5,000 is gone, and even in the $10,000 - $15,000 range you're often looking at something with 60,000-100,000+ miles (especially if it's a brand with any sort of reputation for good reliability - good luck finding a Honda under $15,000 with less than ~100,000 miles!) At that point, a brand-new Mirage with a manufacturer's warranty behind it (5 year/60k warranty for most parts, 10 year/100,00k powertrain for first owner) for a couple thousand dollars more starts making a lot of sense. You no longer have to worry about how well/poorly someone else maintained the car, it's going to be a while before major maintenance costs start kicking in, and reliability for miles 0-100,000 are almost always going to be better on a Mirage than miles 100,000-200,000 even on the Hondas and Toyotas of the world.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2024 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    I wonder what will Mitsu do with these unsold Eclipse Cross. Guess no one knows.
    Taxis in the UAE. Seriously, in the 80's all the unsold Mopars went there.

Even sales of 40,000 are pathetic. 1st year Mustang sales close to 500,000. Camry sales, IIRC 400,000.

These numbers don't explain why it seems to me every second car I see is a Mitsubishi. But when a manufacturer only sells 2-3 models and they are all SUV type rubbish that company is done. On borrowed time.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Unless I missed it somewhere, I never see where Mirage & G4 sales are listed separately.
    They don't, usually.

But for some reason, in the article that defensivetackle99 linked to, they broke out the numbers:

Mirage and Mirage G4 were up 93% and 11.1%, respectively – 49.7% collectively – proving that customers are reacting well to the car's enviable blend of economy, efficiency and value.
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...302106058.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-08-2024),Mark (04-09-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    They don't, usually.

But for some reason, in the article that defensivetackle99 linked to, they broke out the numbers:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...302106058.html

Thanks!

Unless I am missing something here, I still don't see anything that indicates how many individual Mirage & individual G4 vehicles were sold during any given year?

What percentage of Mirage sales are the G4 on any given year? I haven't seen any data on that, but I haven't looked that hard either.
    Last edited by Mark; 04-09-2024 at 04:26 PM.

No, you're right. They don't break out the G4/hatch sales numbers as a rule.

That's what made last quarter's announcement interesting, because they did.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    No, you're right. They don't break out the G4/hatch sales numbers as a rule.

That's what made last quarter's announcement interesting, because they did.
    Indeed interesting. The report made it sounds or seem that the G4 has not been selling as well as the hatch since refresh or initial release. At least it was true in Canada. America hate affairs with the sedan is still there…idk I’m just speculating here.

My only wishes is that the G4 will carry on as it own along with the hatch beyond 2025. Who knows.
    Maybe the G4 will be renamed as the versa? Or not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.2 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    They would break out the numbers if they are planning to alter the line up.
    2-3 months that show the G4 sales are on a downward trend is good enough proof to the investors that the line is being dropped because the profitability is waning.

Big companies like this never change their reporting for the fun of it. There is always a core reason. IMO, the G4 might be history worldwide.

Does anyone know if the Mirage meets the current specs from the Transport agencies of Canada and the US ? I got to thinking apart from abject stupidity a solid reason to cancel the Mirage in North America would be due to it failing some critical tests, be it crash or emissions or who knows what.

I can list a few dealers around me that are open from 9-5, Mon-Fri, 9-12 Sat. That spells death for a car dealership. The only reason they would do this is because they have ZERO traffic outside of those hours and one reason for that is you don't have a varied enough product line to attract consumers. Now drop your most affordable car to really highlight how desperate you are to become bankrupt and sit back and watch your owners multimillion $ investment in their car franchises evaporate. Now wait and watch how many of your dealerships opt out of selling your cars and take on a competitor's line. Voila! you're now down to a level of dealerships that doesn't justify being in that country.

That's the reality of these corporate fools dropping the Mirage.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)