Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm with you Metro, the U.S. don't need anymore Nissan,s !!!! In Fact they had a poll in the us that named 5 Most Unsafe cars! And the Nissan Versa was one of the 5 along with Kia Rio and Aveo. Mitsubishi just needs to make more cars to compete with these others.and that poll was on the News.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah. It seemed that Mitsubishi had given up. I had completely forgotten about them. But the Mirage is showing up everywhere up here!

I just wish they'd drop the JATCO snowmobile transmission. JATCO (Nissan) snowmobile transmissions are notoriously unreliable.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Monthly total of 2015 is higher than 2014.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Way to GO Mirage!!!!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    one of the things which may be hampering sales, at least in my area, is the "false" advertizing of the price. for example, the base model is promoted as costing $9998.00 but once you show up, they add $1450 for freight and PDI, then another $600 mark-up (AKA: Doc Fee). the cost of the car is actually 20% higher than what it is advertized as being. one could make the argument that if those things were all included in the advertized price, then it wouldn't be such a big deal, but "sub-prime buyers", as one article so disrespectfully called us, are disappointed when we show up and the vehicle costs 20% more. it could be something that affects sales of the car.

ford and honda put the freight and PDI into the MSRP.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That happens with All cars. That's what makes me mad. That's why I say they lie so much. Because they will say o we have thousands of dollars of inventory to chose from!!! And Yes we will take your trade and give you More then Kelly blue book value!! Then when you get down there it's all a diffrent story!!! Then you end up with only one car to chose from. And higher monthly payments.then they advertise a car for this price and then when you get down there and they go to do the the paper work then the total is much higher then what they advertised.
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    maybe things are a little different in the US, but up here many car companies include the freight and PDI in the MSRP for the car. i already mentioned honda and ford as examples. additionally, in some provinces (not mine), it's required by law that advertizing contains the freight and PDI. what i really have a problem with is the 6% mark-up under the guise of a "doc fee". fortunately, there is a dealership in the region that does not charge a doc fee and their cars are the same price as all the other dealerships. i don't know why anyone would go to one of the others.

btw deb, i'm going to be posting a new test drive soon and the car that i drove looks just like yours. although white and silver are normally my favorite car colors, i was really liking the blue by the end of my time with the car.
    Last edited by El Kapitan; 03-06-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They do have added cost, it shows it on the sticker in the window, since the car came from over seas. I'll look and let you know. I know with my purchase the dealer didn't give them the cheepest cost of the car.
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    here's the window sticker for my truck , as an example. i colored over some numbers for privacy's sake, but the main numbers are still there. it seems that the res is dropped for posting it here so sorry 'bout that.

Name:  2012 F150 XLT.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  96.4 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Doc fees have nothing to do with MSRP. I dont know what people expect from dealerships. Customers come in and demand they buy cars under invoice. Invoice is what they paid for the car, most dealers doc fees cover fuel, clean up, and paying the salesman. I assure you, even with a doc fee, the dealers are not making a lot of money on Mirages. Doc fee is set by the dealer, not the manufacture. So dont ever expect to see a doc fee on the msrp. I dont know how Canada works, but shipping is generally in the msrp, but can be taken off for advertising purposes. Just like you dont see them advertise tax, title, and plate.

I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!