Page 89 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Problem is, if they drop it, what are they going to replace it with?

Delica D5? - Too weird. No way it'd sell in the U.S.
    Pajero? - Too old and is being discontinued anyway.
    Triton? - Chicken tax!
    Xpander? - Maybe, it's also pretty weird and probably too small for most CUV buyers.

I don't think the revised Eclilpse Cross is going to take it out of "flop" territory. I spent a week with one when they first came out. It was perfectly fine and adequate. Arguably, the best modern Mitsubishi interior in 10+ years. I don't know if it was the Aztek comparisons or what, but people just don't like it. Revising the hatchback isn't going to flip the switch for people to rush to buy them. I think the name was a poor choice, too.
    Sticking something between the Outlander Sport & Outlander was bit silly in my mind. The 1.5L turbo does nothing special for the Eclipse Cross. It doesn't have spectacular power or economy.

1.5L turbo Eclipse Cross has 26/29/27 mpg with 152 hp
    2.0L Outlander Sport has 24/30/27 mpg with 148 hp
    2.4L Outlander has 25/30/27 mpg with 166 hp

There's not much difference there.

Something like the Suzuki Jimny would have been more fun & appealing! The crossover market is flooded. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a Mitsubishi crossover. I would go look at something totally different like a Jimny, however!

Last edited by Mark; 01-08-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been trying to get my mum excited about making some changes in her life recently. The financial reality is that she needs to sell her house and downsize, as her currently financial situation requires ~$5K a month just to keep her head above water. However, she's 60 years old and has reached the point in her life where she absolutely HATES any change whatsoever, so you can imagine how that is going...

In any case, one of the ways I'm trying to tempt her to start taking the necessary steps is by offering to buy her a new car. This seems to be (somewhat) working, as she is now semi-regularly sending me car articles she's been reading through.

Surprisingly, what seems to be coming up again and again, is that Mitsubishi vehicles handle like garbage, pretty much across the board. The Mirage is definitely pretty terrible from factory. The consensus seems to be that it's the same for their SUV's. Anyone testdriven them and can confirm/deny?

(As a side note the car I'm trying to tempt her with is a Ford EcoSport Titanium AWD. It makes sense for her part of the country, is American made, and happily a little more plush than our Mirages. Also currently selling at ~60% MSRP, which is happily similar to our Mirages.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't have any handling issues with my Outlander Sport. Granted, I did put an Evo strut brace on it almost immediately after I bought it since I read it helps it quite a bit.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    I've been trying to get my mum excited about making some changes in her life recently. The financial reality is that she needs to sell her house and downsize, as her currently financial situation requires ~$5K a month just to keep her head above water. However, she's 60 years old and has reached the point in her life where she absolutely HATES any change whatsoever, so you can imagine how that is going...

In any case, one of the ways I'm trying to tempt her to start taking the necessary steps is by offering to buy her a new car. This seems to be (somewhat) working, as she is now semi-regularly sending me car articles she's been reading through.

Surprisingly, what seems to be coming up again and again, is that Mitsubishi vehicles handle like garbage, pretty much across the board. The Mirage is definitely pretty terrible from factory. The consensus seems to be that it's the same for their SUV's. Anyone testdriven them and can confirm/deny?

(As a side note the car I'm trying to tempt her with is a Ford EcoSport Titanium AWD. It makes sense for her part of the country, is American made, and happily a little more plush than our Mirages. Also currently selling at ~60% MSRP, which is happily similar to our Mirages.)
    All the ecosports I just spotted online are all made in India not America.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    All the ecosports I just spotted online are all made in India not America.
    Shhhh! Don't tell mumsy... It says "Ford"!

Mitsubishi vehicles handle like garbage

[...]

I'm trying to tempt her with is a Ford EcoSport
    So you're aiming for some continuity in the handling department is what you're saying?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-08-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

I know someone who owns an EcoSport literally. Old friend across the country, but we keep in touch. I don't know his driving style or if it's a FWD or AWD EcoSport.

My point: he says the EcoSport is terrible on gas. My friend is not a car guy at all. He had a Corolla before and all automatic trannys. EcoSport is a raised up, heavier Fiesta. No wonder it sucks the gas back so bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    So you're aiming for some continuity in the handling department is what you're saying?
    EcoSport is based on the Fiesta platform, and as such actually handles quite well (by all reports). You can look up the moose tests for it if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I know someone who owns an EcoSport literally. Old friend across the country, but we keep in touch. I don't know his driving style or if it's a FWD or AWD EcoSport.

My point: he says the EcoSport is terrible on gas. My friend is not a car guy at all. He had a Corolla before and all automatic trannys. EcoSport is a raised up, heavier Fiesta. No wonder it sucks the gas back so bad.
    Yeah it gets dog**** gas mileage for a city car, but for a small offroader (which is what the AWD version actually is) it's par for the course. Plus, my mum is currently driving around in a 2007 Dodge Charger R/T, so compared to that...

Look y'all: I'm not saying the EcoSport is a great car for everyone (or even a great car at all). What I am saying is that, as a vehicle, it's a good fit for my mum's lifestyle, that it meets her "requirements," and that dealerships are currently dropping their pants on new ones because they aren't selling because they marketed them all wrong here in the USA. Other (probably better) cars are available.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've owned my Mirage almost 7 years now, and I have noticed some quirks with my Mirage's handling. You can't "feel" where the front wheels are at low speeds, like in a parking lot. Maybe it's me, but I have ended up accidentally parking on an angle because the electric steering is so vague. My Mirage is not a sports car.

Same goes for the steering on the highway. Easy car to drive. Definitely easy controls too. But a bit dull. Then again, when push comes to shove, my Mirage gets out of a pickle pretty quick, and has nimble handling. The rental RVR and rental Lancer Sportback I had, they had similar steering. Nothing to driving Mitsubishi cars. They drive like Corollas used to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (01-25-2021)

Total sales 2014-2020

I just updated post 1 &2 with the Q4/year end numbers.

Notable:

TOTAL sales, 2014-2020:

US: 156,188 total sales at end of 2020.

Canada: 17,988 @ end of 2020.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (01-25-2021)