Page 78 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes that is correct. Helping the company out!

Funny fact, Mad City still has my 19 I bought and traded back in still on their lot. They want more than you can buy a new 19 for. Idiots.

I also contributed to the sales of three new 2019 Toyota Corolla hatchbacks. I don't have a single one of those anymore. Loved the way it looked and drove, just impractical with all the dogs.

Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 02-06-2020 at 03:37 AM.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Yes that is correct. Helping the company out!

Funny fact, Mad City still has my 19 I bought and traded back in still on their lot. They want more than you can buy a new 19 for. Idiots.

I also contributed to the sales of three new 2019 Toyota Corolla hatchbacks. I don't have a single one of those anymore. Loved the way it looked and drove, just impractical with all the dogs.
    3 new Corolla hatchbacks, 2 new Mirages, & 1 new Outlander Sport in 2019.

What's in store for 2020?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, two of the Corollas were in the end of 2018 when I got them. I had one for a few weeks and gave it back for no loss really and swapped it for my 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long bed (I loooooooove this truck) since my old Sonoma was getting tired. Kept one Corolla for a while, swapped it for a manual version of the same, then got rid of it since the dealer messed it up and I was tired of the whole saga among other things. Did pick up a bunch of neat used stuff though as well. Some has already come and gone, some still here, some getting ready to go. Heck, one of my cars (an old 83 Aries K coupe) is still in the St. Louis area by my buddy's house... still haven't had a chance to bring it home.

Speaking of, I got a few things I'm working on to get ready to go.. a 92 Sundance we just did a ton of work to, 91 Shadow 5 speed convertible with like 62,000 miles, 04 Ponticrap Vibe, and my 2000 Avalon XLS with the rare front bench seat. And then hopefully working on some of the projects here... the Reliant wagon and coupe, the turbo van, etc. I'm really happy with my Mirages, my Outlander Sport, and my Tacoma. Barring some sort of catastrophe, they should be around for quite a while.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Well, two of the Corollas were in the end of 2018 when I got them. I had one for a few weeks and gave it back for no loss really and swapped it for my 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long bed (I loooooooove this truck) since my old Sonoma was getting tired. Kept one Corolla for a while, swapped it for a manual version of the same, then got rid of it since the dealer messed it up and I was tired of the whole saga among other things. Did pick up a bunch of neat used stuff though as well. Some has already come and gone, some still here, some getting ready to go. Heck, one of my cars (an old 83 Aries K coupe) is still in the St. Louis area by my buddy's house... still haven't had a chance to bring it home.

Speaking of, I got a few things I'm working on to get ready to go.. a 92 Sundance we just did a ton of work to, 91 Shadow 5 speed convertible with like 62,000 miles, 04 Ponticrap Vibe, and my 2000 Avalon XLS with the rare front bench seat. And then hopefully working on some of the projects here... the Reliant wagon and coupe, the turbo van, etc. I'm really happy with my Mirages, my Outlander Sport, and my Tacoma. Barring some sort of catastrophe, they should be around for quite a while.
    Either of the Sundances have the Mitsubishi 3.0 V6 stuffed in them? It was a optional engine during this time period if I recall correctly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No, the Shadow and Sundance both have the Chrysler 2.5L 4 cylinders with throttle body injection. My 1992 Chrysler LeBaron GTC convertible though... that's got the 3.0L V6 Mitsubishi motor and a 5 speed manual. That car is fun as hell to drive.

Name:  IMG_20190802_202935897.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  97.3 KB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-06-2020)

U.S. February sales up slightly

Mirage sales are holding even with last year, two months into 2020:

1852 sales last month vs. 1792 a year ago.

Year-over-year sales have 2020 in the lead over last year by ONE unit, at 3363 sales.

Overall, the company had a very good Feb:

...sales of 15,543 vehicles, up 13 percent over February of 2019, and the best February sales performance in 16 years.
    https://media.mitsubishicars.com/en-...ary-since-2004

====

Quarterly reporting coming?

Multiple companies have stopped reporting quarterly vehicle sales in the States: GM, Ford come to mind. Tesla has only ever reported quarterly. Nissan and BMW have recently also announced the change.

It benefits companies whose sales are dropping to report quarterly. On the other hand, companies with rising sales (like Mitsu USA) get to toot their horn every month if they stick with monthly reports.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It benefits companies whose sales are dropping to report quarterly. On the other hand, companies with rising sales (like Mitsu USA) get to toot their horn every month if they stick with monthly reports.
    2020 February Eclipse Cross sales were only 47% of last February sales. Looks like the Mirage, Outlander, & Outlander Sport have improved their sales numbers for February.

I watched this recent review of the 2020 Outlander Sport, & I felt the reviewer understood the value of Mitsubishi products. It may not be a "best in class" vehicle, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good value (especially a good used one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcIDPHfeK4w

Worst month ever - Feb. Canada sales

Crap. Only 87 Mirage hatchbacks & G4's were sold in Canada last month. That's the lowest month of sales since the car was introduced. (Full month, not counting Sept 2013.)

Meanwhile, the company had its best February ever, on the strength of CUV/SUV sales. Total sales up 15%, year-over-year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Crap. Only 87 Mirage hatchbacks & G4's were sold in Canada last month. That's the lowest month of sales since the car was introduced. (Full month, not counting Sept 2013.)

Meanwhile, the company had its best February ever, on the strength of CUV/SUV sales. Total sales up 15%, year-over-year.
    It appears Mitsubishi is making an effort to push their SUV sales with their expanded warranties that don't carry over to the Mirage.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/en/offers/

Dropping the G4 in Canada isn't going to help sales either.

I'm sort of hoping that with Nissan Canada's cancellation of the Micra, the Mirage can pick up some of the slack. Nissan sold 443 Micras last month, which is actually a bit higher than the previous Feb (but still well below average).

They say they have enough 2019 Micras to last "well into the year". Maybe Nissan dealers are offering sweet, sweet deals to blow out the remaining cars; I haven't checked.