Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    2020 February Eclipse Cross sales were only 47% of last February sales. Looks like the Mirage, Outlander, & Outlander Sport have improved their sales numbers for February.

I watched this recent review of the 2020 Outlander Sport, & I felt the reviewer understood the value of Mitsubishi products. It may not be a "best in class" vehicle, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good value (especially a good used one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcIDPHfeK4w

I like savagegeese reviews. Funny and fair. Watch the one on PT Cruiser if you get a chance.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    They better not cancel it!
    2014 White SE with CVT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I like savagegeese reviews. Funny and fair. Watch the one on PT Cruiser if you get a chance.
    My favorite savagegeese clips are -

The Worst Trends in Modern Cars & Trucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcszMakTHCw

Viewers Choose Worst Trends in Modern Cars & Trucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kXvFRwM7fM

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Recently seen new hatches as rental car units in NY plus eclipse cross too

Yeah, I wish we could see what portion of the monthly sales total is retail vs. fleet, because companies can use fleet sales to pad their numbers.

Nissan USA stopped selling the Versa to rental fleets a year or so ago. The Mirage might be filling some of that gap, and that might explain some of its sales success. But without a breakdown of the numbers, there's no way to say how much.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DottandDolores View Post
    Recently seen new hatches as rental car units in NY plus eclipse cross too
    Yeah you know what you don't see in NY? Cops that like DeBlasio! Ooooooohhhhh maddon! Where the gabbagool?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Name:  OIP.jpeg.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  15.9 KB

I remember back in the day real New Yorkers looked like this and if an anti-idling committee member knocked on his door he'd get his face bashed in. Now? Please, to many limp wrists and not enough fists, SAD!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yeah, I wish we could see what portion of the monthly sales total is retail vs. fleet, because companies can use fleet sales to pad their numbers.

Nissan USA stopped selling the Versa to rental fleets a year or so ago. The Mirage might be filling some of that gap, and that might explain some of its sales success. But without a breakdown of the numbers, there's no way to say how much.
    If companies like the Mirage enough to buy them as fleet vehicles, I don't have a problem with that. Anything that insures affordable vehicles remain on the market is a good thing in my mind.

No matter how many Mirage fleets may exist in the world, there will always be only one Fummins!

The problem is the big fleet sales don't do much for profitability, especially entry-level segment fleet sales. Everything I've read about fleet sales says the margins are thin. They mostly goose the sales numbers... good for the stock price, I guess. And getting rid of excess product.

If big fleet sales were good for business, Nissan wouldn't have made such a public decision to cut back on fleet sales to try to increase their bottom line.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Yeah I don't think I'll be seeing any new Mirages any day soon. Might be grabbing a couple used ones to replace some ones that were slaughtered but otherwise likely picking up some more junky Nissans vans. They're ok but have more problems than the Mirages, poorly designed window trim falls off letting water into door freezing cables, brackets are junky and break too. Just poorly designed parts and they're not put together well. Bolts missing from sliding doors from new, wiring not clipped in place, just no $hits given upon assembly. I haven't seen these problems on the made in thailand mirages. Mainly just salty connectors.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-05-2020)