Page 87 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    White Bear had almost 30 5-speed Mirages at the beginning of the summer priced at $10,500. They sold the last one a few weeks ago. They only have CVTs left.
    I wonder if the forum had any influence on this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

If it did, our commission cheque hasn't arrived yet!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Q3 Mirage sales U.S.

Things are looking up for the company:

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) today reported third-quarter 2020 sales of 24,857vehicles, an increase of 1.5% over the same period in 2019, and up a significant 49% over the previous quarter of 2020.
    Unfortunately, not for the Mirage:

5,839 sales in Q3 2020 vs. 8,276 sales in Q3 2019

That's a 30% decline.

More: https://media.mitsubishicars.com/en-...ter-2020-sales

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

GM moved 8,373 Chevy Sparks in U.S. in the same period, up 27 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Do we know when the first 2021s will hit the US?
    "Before spring 2021"

Sounds like some time in the first quarter of the year.

https://media.mitsubishicars.com/en-...f-new-vehicles

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Rough quarter for the Mirage and Eclipse Cross.

Name:  sales.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  75.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I wonder if the forum had any influence on this?
    If so, I should ask for a commission.

If it weren't for White Bear, I may not own a Mirage.

At times, those $10,500 Mirages were $10,000 at White Bear this past summer. Knowing how White Bear does business. Any loyalty, military, or VIP rebates are not included in that pricing. Thus, they can be had for less by some.

FYI - I bought my Mirage in October of 2017. They were also cleaned out of their $9,000-9,500 Mirages at that time. That didn't phase them in a bit. As I was talking to Richard (now owner) on the phone, he's looking up cars for me. These cars on are not on my radar (autotrader.com or cars.com). He asking me for me for my color preference as he's looking on his computer. Back then ES & SE manuals existed. He's sharing those options, too.

I called on Tuesday in October for a discounted new 2017 car they didn't have. New 2018 Mirages were already on their lots My Mirage (1st color choice) that they didn't have was delivered to my driveway that same week on Saturday morning. I paid under 66% window sticker & $854.70 (Wisconsin sales tax, registration, documentation fees, new state plates) pushed the car out their door. Had I qualified for loyalty, military, or VIP rebates, I would have been way below 66% window sticker. This is WHY I own a Mirage!

My point - If you really want a manual, don't be discouraged by their inventory. WB knows what's out there, & they are honest about what they will do!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    "Before spring 2021"

Sounds like some time in the first quarter of the year.

https://media.mitsubishicars.com/en-...f-new-vehicles
    That's just poor marketing on Mitsubishi. How many people know you can buy a new Mirage ES manual for $11,000-11,500 OTD? The world doesn't know this, & that would catch the attention of some.

I have 25 Chevy dealerships closer to me than the nearest Mitsubishi dealership (that I don't care for). Unless I know a Mirage is affordable & reliable, I am not visiting a Mitsubishi dealership.

When I visit a nearby Chevy dealership (in the town where I work), I am going to find out the price of a Spark. For the typical buyer, a Mirage may never appear on his/her radar. American car critics surely aren't going to help draw in Mitsubishi customers. Some people don't even know Mitsubishi is still in the States. Then again, some don't know Suzuki left either. Some people don't go beyond their local dealerships, because good dealerships keep their customers happy.

Mitsubishi dealerships seem to tick some people off. That's cutting your own throat! Paying $900 for a fuel pump ($200 item for most cars) is a good example of this. I like my Mirage. I am not impressed with Mitsubishi.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-01-2020)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And for the record, that's a 24% decrease in YTD sales (2020 vs 2019).

So far, no manufacturers are reporting increases in YTD sales vs. 2019, so Mitsubishi is in the same boat as most other automakers. So far, Infiniti (-34.5%), Nissan (-38.7%), and Dodge (-40.1%) are scraping bottom in terms of biggest year-over-year changes according to Good Car Bad Car. Both Honda (-23.2%) and Toyota (-22.6%) are in the same neighborhood at Mitsubishi in terms of YTD percentages.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    And for the record, that's a 24% decrease in YTD sales (2020 vs 2019).

So far, no manufacturers are reporting increases in YTD sales vs. 2019, so Mitsubishi is in the same boat as most other automakers. So far, Infiniti (-34.5%), Nissan (-38.7%), and Dodge (-40.1%) are scraping bottom in terms of biggest year-over-year changes according to Good Car Bad Car. Both Honda (-23.2%) and Toyota (-22.6%) are in the same neighborhood at Mitsubishi in terms of YTD percentages.
    I think the pandemic has made the world take a pause & re-evaluate how money is spent. No matter how you feel about the coronavirus & how it has been handled, shutting down the economy impacts most everyone. Working from home also changes the need for vehicles. Some people may not feel comfortable car shopping. Eventually, things will turn around.

My hope is that auto industry looks at what they are offering, too. Ford dropping most of their entire car line up seems short sighted to me, & that's a bit ironic coming from a company that built the Model T. They made an affordable car people could afford over a 19 year period & sold 15 million of them. Times have surely changed!

Imagine someone making an affordable, reliable, economical vehicle & not changing it much in almost 20 years! I'll have to wait & see what a new Mirage is like 13 years from now!

Cars having to be updated (larger, more hp, better mpg, or whatever) constantly to draw attention to new customers drives up costs, too! I don't see myself throwing my money at new vehicles any more. I will gladly let someone else take that initial depreciation hit.