Page 81 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really don't want to get too paranoid here, but I really hope MMNA can sustain this downturn. I know what happened to Suzuki during 2008-2010, and it wasn't good. It ultimately lead to them pulling out of North America.

On the bright side, that was then and a totally different scenario with a host of different factors. Still, I do worry.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I bet the resale value climbs up for all econoboxes! Including our Mirages!
    With the price of gas dropping so low, I wouldn't imagine people are flocking to economy cars & mopeds right now.

People do get trapped by large mortgage & car payments, however.

The following article is about how "Mitsubishi will tackle Toyota where it hurts" -

https://carbuzz.com/news/mitsubishi-...-it-hurts-most

If Mitsubishi builds products to compete with Toyota or Honda, I am buying a Toyota or Honda. My local Mitsubishi is so corrupt, the Wisconsin DMV has shut them down for 45 days. I realize that is an extreme example, but Toyota/Honda dealerships are well established with good reputations. Likewise, keep in mind a Mirage (with 350 dealerships) is competing against a Chevy Spark (with over 3,000 dealerships).

Mitsubishi's success would come in marketing vehicle others are overlooking. I bought a Mirage, because other companies weren't making/selling cheap, reliable, economy cars. I'm not interested in a $20,000 Prius c if I can buy a $10,000 Mirage. They both have the same highway MPG rating. If the Mitsubishi Mirage was like the Prius c (price & features the same), I would buy the Prius c.

By the way - the more expensive Prius c has disappeared & the Mirage is still standing.

I never owned an early 2000 Montero Sport, but I really like those vintage vehicles. They have a frame and can tow stuff. I am not impressed with the looks of newer stuff (way over done).

https://www.google.com/search?q=mont...w=1159&bih=517

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    With the price of gas dropping so low, I wouldn't imagine people are flocking to economy cars & mopeds right now.

People do get trapped by large mortgage & car payments, however.

The following article is about how "Mitsubishi will tackle Toyota where it hurts" -

https://carbuzz.com/news/mitsubishi-...-it-hurts-most

If Mitsubishi builds products to compete with Toyota or Honda, I am buying a Toyota or Honda. My local Mitsubishi is so corrupt, the Wisconsin DMV has shut them down for 45 days. I realize that is an extreme example, but Toyota/Honda dealerships are well established with good reputations. Likewise, keep in mind a Mirage (with 350 dealerships) is competing against a Chevy Spark (with over 3,000 dealerships).

Mitsubishi's success would come in marketing vehicle others are overlooking. I bought a Mirage, because other companies weren't making/selling cheap, reliable, economy cars. I'm not interested in a $20,000 Prius c if I can buy a $10,000 Mirage. They both have the same highway MPG rating. If the Mitsubishi Mirage was like the Prius c (price & features the same), I would buy the Prius c.

By the way - the more expensive Prius c has disappeared & the Mirage is still standing.

I never owned an early 2000 Montero Sport, but I really like those vintage vehicles. They have a frame and can tow stuff. I am not impressed with the looks of newer stuff (way over done).

https://www.google.com/search?q=mont...w=1159&bih=517
    This is so spot on—to a T.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Did someone say rebates?!?

Attachment 17596
    Name:  mirages.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  76.2 KB

You mean like this? Came off the website today (4/1)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-01-2020),Top_Fuel (04-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    You mean like this? Came off the website today (4/1)
    I think it's going to take more than a $750 rebate to kick-start sales after the smoke clears from this COVID-19 mess.

With the "new" Mirage showing up later this year in the US market, maybe we will revisit the huge rebates from early 2016 to clear out the "old" body style.

One thing is for sure...it will be a buyer's market for almost everything. If you are in the position to purchase a new Mirage, I would keep your powder dry for a while and see what happens.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-02-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I think it's going to take more than a $750 rebate to kick-start sales after the smoke clears from this COVID-19 mess.

With the "new" Mirage showing up later this year in the US market, maybe we will revisit the huge rebates from early 2016 to clear out the "old" body style.

One thing is for sure...it will be a buyer's market for almost everything. If you are in the position to purchase a new Mirage, I would keep your powder dry for a while and see what happens.
    What about prices on a used Mirage under 40k miles and less than 4 years old? I need those to fall down to $6 to 7k.

Is the Spark immune?

Chevrolet Spark US sales increased 45.6 percent to 9,352 units in Jan through March of this year vs. the first quarter of last year. Average = 3117 per month.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/04...tates-q1-2020/

Mitsu has moved 4646 Mirages in the same time frame. Average = 1548 per month.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    What about prices on a used Mirage under 40k miles and less than 4 years old? I need those to fall down to $6 to 7k.
    I got my 17 ES with 51.8k mi for $8k, so there's a chance. Just gotta keep an eye open.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    In my area, the 5 year old ones exist. Within 160 miles, three of them come up.

2015 DE CVT 28,946 miles @ $6859
    2015 DE Manual 32,746 miles @ $6977
    2015 ES CVT 38,955 miles @ $6999 (private party) & purple

The 2017+ low mileage are a bit more overall. Many fall within $8,000 - $10,000 range. Personally, these are the Mirages that would interest me the most. A low mileage Mirage for under $10,000 is a good value in my mind.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I would expect car pricing and sales to be affected not just by fuel costs but perhaps more by an individual's ability to pay. That's why I still think this might benefit little cars like the Mirage, but who knows where this will go.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)