Page 30 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with your post! That's what Mitsubishi needs! Is growth and more sales!

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post

Honestly, I see more Mirages than Sparks. I'm really surprized that Mirage hasn't oversold the Chevrolet's compact.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Best month so far; first month over 3K; first month higher than Chevy Spark sales.
    Now, I'm not surprized

Who knows, maybe the next month Mirage is going to be the best selling car in Mitsubishi lineup.
    Last edited by Mikhail; 06-06-2015 at 04:13 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

I just wish we had a way to know retail vs. fleet sales.
    In fiscal 2011, about 25 percent of Mitsubishi's U.S. sales went to fleet buyers, the company said, adding that by fiscal 2014, the share fell to 8 percent. Swearingen vows to hold the line at 10 percent

Despite Russian woes, Mitsubishi limits fleet sales

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikhail For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-03-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I am not sure how much it matters. After all, Mitsubishi isn't the only company selling to fleets.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi is trying to keep fleet sales down, to hold resale values higher to make leases more attractive. If a car holds its value more, then its going to lease better. Lower payments, equals more sales
    I love everything about Mitsubishi!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grsupercity For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-03-2015),Mikhail (06-18-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let's see if I could be right for the third month in a row! I say mirage just passes the 4000 Mark. 4036 units.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Statistically, the sales decreases in June compare to May. So, I would say the Mirage sales in June 2015 are going to be 2863 units. And still the second place in lineup.

Thanks
    Maybe lower sales in June. I think the Mirage is a transitional car, with very compelling advantages and features. With the average age over a decade, People are driving older cars almost 3 years longer than they did when I worked on them 20years ago.

That means they are spending a lot more money keeping them roadworthy.

Here comes the Mirage with all the modern car features and fantastic mileage, half the price of the average new car, ten year warranty. Millions of people are in this position and that old car is a bottomless pit.

regards
    mech

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage de 1.2 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old mechanic View Post
    Maybe lower sales in June. I think the Mirage is a transitional car, with very compelling advantages and features. With the average age over a decade, People are driving older cars almost 3 years longer than they did when I worked on them 20years ago.

That means they are spending a lot more money keeping them roadworthy.

Here comes the Mirage with all the modern car features and fantastic mileage, half the price of the average new car, ten year warranty. Millions of people are in this position and that old car is a bottomless pit.

regards
    mech
    This was exactly my situation. We were driving a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited that has about 170k on the clock. Nothing major had happened yet but the transmission was giving me worrying signs (harsh shifting even after a filter fluid change at 75k & 150k). Engine was starting to burn oil at a excessive rate (about 1 quart per 1000) and the fuel mileage of course stunk. Kids have all graduated now and are off at college. I told the wife it was time to "get back to basics". Having owned a bunch of Metro's in the past the Mirage was exactly what I wanted in a new car.

I researched a bunch of sub compacts but the Mirage to me was the clear winner (best fuel mileage, lowest cost, engine uses a timing chain for longevity, the CVT7 is designed for vehicles with far more power). Here on the Southern Oregon Coast where I live there are a lot of small cars (Sparks, Aveos, Fiestas, Yaris') but I've gotten a lot of questions so far this week since I've brought it home. Overall reaction is overwhelmingly positive. The most common is "I like the way it looks" and they ask what kind of car it is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Pretty weak June (compared to the rest of this year anyway, still way above their expectations) 1669 US sales, 326 in Canada.
    2015 YTD *
    13,501 USA
    1607 Canada

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to db1980 For This Useful Post:

alex16 (07-01-2015),debburyl (07-01-2015),MetroMPG (07-01-2015)